Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Bike Quality Vs. skill level

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Bike Quality Vs. skill level
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 4:32 Quote
Sometimes i think its a trend thing cause round here there are kids who have rich ass parents who buy all their stuff for them and they just go to the next best or "coolest" trend when it comes along, so usually they just hang round the skate park acting "cool" with there gear watching everyone else and getting in the way. But in saying that i wish my parents were rich bitches so they could pay for all my stuffBig Grin

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 5:07 Quote
i dont mind if someone has a nice bike but isnt a good rider AS LONG AS A)they are improving and trying hard to get better. and B)they paid for it themselves i.e. their rich ass parents didnt buy it for them.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 10:33 Quote
the only reason i have a nice bike is because i worked my ass of for it, and i pride myself on that, i used to break all kinds of parts but then i put all my money into my bike and now it doesnt break anymore and i barely have to spend money on parts other than grips, im not saying im good by any means, but i try and thats what counts, i just like a nice bike that i can trust wont fail on me ya know, oh and i ride religously so dont worry the bike gets rode

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 10:40 Quote
im not exactly a god of dj and street, but id rate myself good haha. i cant do anything nuts but i can ride most jumps well and have good style and a couple tricks. but the main reason i built a nice bike is because 1) i can afford it and worked for it 2) because i want to get better 3) because. damnit. its a free country!

photo

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 10:45 Quote
3) because. damnit. its a free country!

lol true dat

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 11:27 Quote
tulstot4 wrote:
i dont mind if someone has a nice bike but isnt a good rider AS LONG AS A)they are improving and trying hard to get better. and B)they paid for it themselves i.e. their rich ass parents didnt buy it for them.

Yeah, totally right. Have you read that shitty thread "what you got for christmas?" that radek put up? While reading that i just wanted to beat someone, that shit was like the "the spoiled kid show off" to all that 14 year old suburban canadian pricks show what their well off parents bought for them.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 12:44 Quote
kempie wrote:
Around here where i live the trend is tight jeans and dirt jumpers and i hate these little f*ckers that roll past you through a red light and give you the finger!Really Mad

They are the people that i hate with a vengeance because all they do is sit around at the skatepark and try to act tough with the little kids.
If you really are trying to progress then accept nothing than the best. I bought an 06 hardrock and that was ok for a while, but as i progressed more i got more expensive parts, and found it easier to progress. I find that its easier to progress with high quality parts, because obviously they perform better. So if you want to be good at what you do go for quality, and if you want to pose and beat up on little kids at the skate park pray to god you dont run into me and my brother.
wats wrong with skinny jeans?

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
me2menow wrote:
kempie wrote:
Around here where i live the trend is tight jeans and dirt jumpers and i hate these little f*ckers that roll past you through a red light and give you the finger!Really Mad

They are the people that i hate with a vengeance because all they do is sit around at the skatepark and try to act tough with the little kids.
If you really are trying to progress then accept nothing than the best. I bought an 06 hardrock and that was ok for a while, but as i progressed more i got more expensive parts, and found it easier to progress. I find that its easier to progress with high quality parts, because obviously they perform better. So if you want to be good at what you do go for quality, and if you want to pose and beat up on little kids at the skate park pray to god you dont run into me and my brother.

He didn't say there was. He is talking about a specific group of people in his hometown.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:33 Quote
nickwhite wrote:
My bikes dialed as f*ck and i'm pretty good.

he is good as f**k

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:34 Quote
rubbersidedown661 wrote:
me2menow wrote:
kempie wrote:

He didn't say there was. He is talking about a specific group of people in his hometown.
i wear really tight jeans when im biking cuz i find it annoying when my pants rub on my tire and make a buzzing sound but tight ejans are also comfortable for biking for me anyways

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
i-bicycle wrote:
rubbersidedown661 wrote:
me2menow wrote:

i wear really tight jeans when im biking cuz i find it annoying when my pants rub on my tire and make a buzzing sound but tight ejans are also comfortable for biking for me anyways
dont you hate it when people say crap like "they show boners"? They do the exact opposite

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:43 Quote
me2menow wrote:
but what pisses me off is the buy who busts 3500 bucks on a bike, never rides it, brags he is the best rider around, and sucks when he does ride.

and has no idea what he just bought

me2menow wrote:
i think how good your bike is has to do with your standards and the amount of money you have

Truest things I've ever heard. Most kids I ride with either have dialed bikes, or ride sketchy ones. Either way, the kids who know what they're talking about can usually ride. Then you have some kids who look at the most common parts, and then assume they're the best. One kid I know wants to buy a Kona stab at the bike show, with his mom's money just because the bike he has now isn't good enough.

In all fairness, most kids who spend their own money, and are always riding their bikes have a fair amount of skill. Those kids who spend their mom's money to buy them popular parts so tey can fit in and brag about stuff, they just suck.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:44 Quote
me2menow wrote:
i-bicycle wrote:
rubbersidedown661 wrote:

dont you hate it when people say crap like "they show boners"? They do the exact opposite
what are you talking about like yea skinny jeans shows the guys package

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
i-bicycle wrote:
me2menow wrote:
i-bicycle wrote:

what are you talking about like yea skinny jeans shows the guys package
not if u sag a bit...

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
My skill level has dropped some over the years, pain hurts more at 36 then it did at 16. Anyway...I personally like to have my bikes dialed as much as possible, for me I think it just feels a lot better and more comfortable!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020545
Mobile Version of Website