Powered by Outside

Kona Debate Thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
Kona Debate Thread
O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:26 Quote
Whoops, managed to double post 2 minutes apart?

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:27 Quote
rialb wrote:
*Sigh*

It's not even worth it to bring logic into this cesspool of ignorance.

QFT!

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:28 Quote
rialb wrote:
*Sigh*

You are my new favorite person.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:28 Quote
I'm going to sleep. I'll read this thread in the morning. If I see anything I don't want to see, it's not going to be pretty.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:29 Quote
look at the bass and the 4xxxx the bass is the smart choice norco is way to over priced now i have an 05 six and im done with norco the msrps are BULLSHIT

i plan on getting a bass as my 09 bike

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:30 Quote
Most people don't like the geo of the bikes...
They also seemed to be overpriced for what you get.

sorbet wrote:
+1

O+
alright. ill throw in my 2 cents. since i was 14, iv had 3 konas, a kona dawg, coiler, and now a stab supreme. they have all seved me well, and have never given me anything to complain about. sure, ill admit that they dont stack up when you compair them to a demo 8, or v10, ect. but, there not really ment to. they get kids into biking on a good bike, for a good price. there reliable and simple which is the name of the game for bikes that get kids wanting to ride, and not dropping it of to get new ceramic bushings every 6 weeks. think of where the bike industry would be without kona, they supply bikes for countless lift resorts to get people out aand riding. they are huge for the industry, and if they wernt around, i wouldent be suprised if the prices for other bikes were higher.

i love my stab for dh. i dont race so the extra second a vpp bike would save me is no interest to me. im confident on the single pivot/ 4 bar linkage, and i know how the bike will react no matter what i do. so im happy with it, and i just ignore people who bash kona, because the odds are that im having much more fun bombing down my favorite dh trail with some buddys, then you are trying to get the fastes time possibe, and forgetting the nature and beauty you experiance while you are out riding. for me riding is to get me away from everythign, not to make everythign a compitition. i respect people who race, thats cool. but im 100% happy with my kona!

peace

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:33 Quote
sorbet wrote:
I disagree that they are overpriced. Compare the specs of a 2008 Bighit, and a 2008 Stinky. IMO the stinky has better specs.

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:34 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
rialb wrote:
*Sigh*

You are my new favorite person.

Thanks, you're not too bad yourself Wink

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
sorbet wrote:
I disagree that they are overpriced. Compare the specs of a 2008 Bighit, and a 2008 Stinky. IMO the stinky has better specs.
i think he was talking about the norcos

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:37 Quote
trunkmonkey12 wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
sorbet wrote:
i think he was talking about the norcos
Lol.Redface

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:38 Quote
Nope, I was talking about Konas, though this year the Norcos have gone up in price, which they shouldn't have.

Mod
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:40 Quote
Kona along with almost every other brand-name bike manufacturer are overpriced. Giant is easily the best bang for your buck that the industry has to offer. Look at the Glory DH at just over $5000 Canadian. Similar bikes by other companies speced with the same high-end components are well above $6000 with some retailing closer or over $7000!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022061
Mobile Version of Website