Powered by Outside

Kona Bass vs Transition Double.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Kona Bass vs Transition Double.
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 5:01 Quote
jamie12345 wrote:
transition, banshee rampant, dobermann le pink, that new blackmarket full sus(cant remember name)

Blackmarket Killswitch?

I would choose the Double it looks sick.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 12:06 Quote
transition double are sweet theyre light strong fast amazing pedalling and cornering and ya they look sweet the only reason i sold mine was for my truck i really wish i didnt have to but ya. get the double you wont regret it

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 16:09 Quote
speaking from experience, get a double over a bass. i have a double, and used to have a bass. the doubles standover is rediculously low. the bass has a short top tube, and if you wanna run trendy 30" wide bars (which we all know is actually very important haha) you will smash your knees with the bar ends. i love my double so much. and the konas break so easily. the eccentric bb thing always breaks at the bolts go with the transition, great warranty, great frame and not as heavy as everyone things (like 7.5 lbs or something)

as far as the rampant, they look really sick, and are basically the same as the double.

konig corsair isnt much of a dj bike, its like 5 inches. and the le pink seems overrated to me for some reason, as well as the killswitch... too much hype

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 16:57 Quote
MFS420 wrote:
jj-p3 wrote:
skateboarders are really really gay
i can tell your really intellegent.

This coming from a person who cannot even spell "intelligent" or "you're."

FL
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 17:28 Quote
gary1 wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
I really like the Bass for its versatility, but I'd still go for the Transition.

why?
It has an extra inch of travel, so with the right parts, it can be a nice all-around bike.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 17:33 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
gary1 wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
I really like the Bass for its versatility, but I'd still go for the Transition.

why?
It has an extra inch of travel, so with the right parts, it can be a nice all-around bike.

Why would you go for the Transition I mean.

To be cool?

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 17:40 Quote
gary1 wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
gary1 wrote:

why?

To be cool?
r u talking from experience or are u just shooting your mouth off? doubles are amazing bikes frrom trials to dj everything even light freeride

FL
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 17:40 Quote
gary1 wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
gary1 wrote:

why?

To be cool?
You're hilarious.

No. It's a nicer-looking bike and has better ratings.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 17:43 Quote
jakal44444 wrote:
gary1 wrote:
TheDanish wrote:

To be cool?
r u talking from experience or are u just shooting your mouth off? doubles are amazing bikes frrom trials to dj everything even light freeride

Just shooting my mouth off really. Just looking for a valid reason why he would pick a Double over a Bass. I also lol'd at bolded part.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 17:43 Quote
jakal44444 wrote:
gary1 wrote:
TheDanish wrote:

To be cool?

Uhhhhh. Trials? No.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 17:44 Quote
jakal44444 wrote:
Trials on a full suspension?

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 17:47 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
jakal44444 wrote:
ok maybe not trials well unless ure ryan leach or sumbody like that he does it on his norco fluid but hes just insane. its doable but not for most people lol

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 17:49 Quote
jakal44444 wrote:
windowlicker wrote:
jakal44444 wrote:
ok maybe not trials well unless ure ryan leach or sumbody like that he does it on his norco fluid but hes just insane. its doable but not for most people lol

Its also possible to ride road on a 10 inch DH bike. Smart? No. If it has two wheels you can ride it in any way.

FL
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 17:50 Quote
zwak wrote:
jakal44444 wrote:
windowlicker wrote:

Its also possible to ride road on a 10 inch DH bike. Smart? No. If it has two wheels you can ride it in any way.
Agreed. Now let's stay on topic.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017216
Mobile Version of Website