What is the difference between a specialized demo 7, 8 and a 9?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What is the difference between a specialized demo 7, 8 and a 9?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 12:41 Quote
yh good point i think i'll go with the 8 as it seems to be the best all rounder

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 12:52 Quote
matlem wrote:
Quote="stryke"]
stinkyrider09 wrote:
stryke wrote:
the demo 7 has a travel limiter installed
the demo 8 does not

remove the travel limiter and guess what you have

so all the benefits of a demo 8's travel and nimbleness of a demo 7 right?

err, yeah? i guess
why not get the demo 8 and get the slacker head angle, which is what you want for dh.[/Quote]

lol your telling me you could feel half a degree i doubt it.

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 13:06 Quote
If you're going for a demo 7 either change forks or change the springs cos the stock 66 springs are ridiculously stiff. I weigh just over 11 stone and was only using about 80mm travel!!! Apart from that i would strongly recommend the demo 7. i couldn't imagine trying to maneuver a bike bigger than 42lbs!!

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 13:13 Quote
fooox wrote:
If you're going for a demo 7 either change forks or change the springs cos the stock 66 springs are ridiculously stiff. I weigh just over 11 stone and was only using about 80mm travel!!! Apart from that i would strongly recommend the demo 7. i couldn't imagine trying to maneuver a bike bigger than 42lbs!!

is that the stock weight od the demo 7 i.???

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 13:23 Quote
marquis wrote:
fooox wrote:

Yer, I got it weighed just before i bought it. I was surprised though cos when i picked it up i was sure it would be sub 40lbs but the scales told a different story!

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 13:26 Quote
stinkyrider09 wrote:
hey im looking into one of these bikes and im just wondering whats the difference?

the amount of child laborers it took to weld it in china.

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 13:27 Quote
fooox wrote:
marquis wrote:
fooox wrote:

Yer, I got it weighed just before i bought it. I was surprised though cos when i picked it up i was sure it would be sub 40lbs but the scales told a different story!

not too bad though.Salute

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 13:36 Quote
marquis wrote:
fooox wrote:
marquis wrote:

For the price i got it for i couldn't ask for any more. Anyway my brothers looking at getting a kona stinky and when he saw that get weighed in at 46lbs his face melted!

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 14:05 Quote
fooox wrote:
marquis wrote:
fooox wrote:

For the price i got it for i couldn't ask for any more. Anyway my brothers looking at getting a kona stinky and when he saw that get weighed in at 46lbs his face melted!

bugger stinkys were that heavy,i went from a stinky too a demo 7.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009636
Mobile Version of Website