Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Jobs at a Bikeshop

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Jobs at a Bikeshop
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 16:41 Quote
ya, i know almost everyone at the shop cause they do weekend rides and ive done them a few times. plus i visit a lot. the thing is, i dont know much about fixing bikes.. just the basic stuff.. though im willing to learn. i think i should wait til i know more though

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 16:44 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:
ya, i know almost everyone at the shop cause they do weekend rides and ive done them a few times. plus i visit a lot. the thing is, i dont know much about fixing bikes.. just the basic stuff.. though im willing to learn. i think i should wait til i know more though

pretty much everyone who has a bike shop job said that you begin with small jobs (flats, small repairs) and labor (sweeping, keeping the place clean, moving bikes around, etc.). then they teach you everything you don't know.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 16:47 Quote
odin333 wrote:
Cmontjumper wrote:

pretty much everyone who has a bike shop job said that you begin with small jobs (flats, small repairs) and labor (sweeping, keeping the place clean, moving bikes around, etc.). then they teach you everything you don't know.
ya i guess so, but im only 13 and the legal working age is 14.. i mean i dont even care if i get paid. i just want to learn, but i still dont know if i can work for them

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 16:52 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:
odin333 wrote:
Cmontjumper wrote:

ya i guess so, but im only 13 and the legal working age is 14.. i mean i dont even care if i get paid. i just want to learn, but i still dont know if i can work for them

just ask if you can help out for free. most places will say sure, its free labor. most likely they will see you want to be there and hire you.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012769
Mobile Version of Website