Powered by Outside

What year/model eastern frame is this?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
What year/model eastern frame is this?
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 17:04 Quote
wisey wrote:
Tribikefarce wrote:
The shipping is the killer though. I can get this frame to me for about ten bucks. I'm quite happy knowing I could have bought a better bike for about fifty bucks more. I would rather have it sooner than better. any one of these frames including the one I'm looking at is better than the one I have now.

Humm, looking at that frame (whatever it is) I don't think it's worth the effort to change all the parts across (never mind the money) from your old bike. If I were you I'd keep saving until I could a afford an upgrade that's worth it. I'd wait till I could afford a complete (fairly new second hand or brand new), that old DB Viper looks a fair tank for what it is (it's got 3-piece cranks!), it should keep you going until you can afford something decent.

But, it is your money (and not really much of it!). You've got a fair few peoples advice, it's up to you what you do with it. =]
Its all very good advice too! I'm just an idiot.

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 17:07 Quote
Tribikefarce wrote:
Its all very good advice too! I'm just an idiot.

Haha, I'll take that as a compliment! =P

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 17:38 Quote
I would look into this frame if you are on a budget. Great price and specs and its brand new. I would stay away from the original used frame you are looking at if the owner doesn't even know the model. http://www.danscomp.com/211124.php

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 20:46 Quote
thatius3 wrote:
I would look into this frame if you are on a budget. Great price and specs and its brand new. I would stay away from the original used frame you are looking at if the owner doesn't even know the model. http://www.danscomp.com/211124.php
that is VERY nice! thank you for the suggestion! that Hoffman frame is certainly something to look into. We may have a winner!

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 1:50 Quote
Tribikefarce wrote:
thatius3 wrote:
that is VERY nice! thank you for the suggestion! that Hoffman frame is certainly something to look into. We may have a winner!

Yeah, that ticks all my boxes. Bloody hell it's cheap! Looks real nice too.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 1:52 Quote
wisey wrote:
Tribikefarce wrote:
thatius3 wrote:

Yeah, that ticks all my boxes. Bloody hell it's cheap! Looks real nice too.
DAMN STRAIGHT! I've had a look around that site, and found a few good deals like that! thanks for the link thatius!

Posted: Feb 19, 2009 at 21:59 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
Dude, don't bother with this spray-painted "Eastern" that may well be from the year 2004. Just... get a new frame that's actually decent.

this is by far the best post in the thread because hes right

some good frames between 300-400 USD should be damn good heres a list of my favs
oh and people can disagree with me but dont throw it in my face its just my opinion disagree in a formal manor. specs on request

Tree Bikes Lil buddy- 400
Black eye killorado- 219 ( its cheap but effective )
Eastern Grim Reaper 2- 400
Fit Hawk- 200 ( its on sale at dans )
Fly Campillo 369.99 - 399.99

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 1:38 Quote
Cavaties wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:
Dude, don't bother with this spray-painted "Eastern" that may well be from the year 2004. Just... get a new frame that's actually decent.

some good frames between 300-400 USD should be damn good heres a list of my favs
oh and people can disagree with me but dont throw it in my face its just my opinion disagree in a formal manor. specs on request

If you read the OP properly, then you'd know that he doesn't have 300-400 USD to spend on a frame. He has less than $100. So unless you're going to buy him one I suggest you reconsider your post.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 1:52 Quote
wisey wrote:
If you read the OP properly, then you'd know that he doesn't have 300-400 USD to spend on a frame. He has less than $100. So unless you're going to buy him one I suggest you reconsider your post.

He can get a decent frame for 100-150 dollars.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 2:05 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
wisey wrote:

He can get a decent frame for 100-150 dollars.

True, but my point was none of the frames that guy mentioned where in his budget. Also, the OP is from the UK, and so recommending frames that are cheap on Danscomp is a bit pointless... But yeah, you're right, you can get good frames that cheap.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 2:07 Quote
wisey wrote:
Cavaties wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:

... my bad i didnt realize no need to snap.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 2:09 Quote
Cavaties wrote:
wisey wrote:
Cavaties wrote:

Its all good. Thanks for your input!

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 2:31 Quote
Cavaties wrote:

Yeah, sorry...

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 12:37 Quote
im sorry abit aswell cos i snap a little at you but s'all good nowPimp

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 13:02 Quote
frame is rubish dude look for suming with integrated headset to run an fsa impact! and maybe mid / spanish / euro botom bracket. and eastern do have built in gyro tabs on the older models like 2006 traildiggers!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014396
Mobile Version of Website