Powered by Outside

New dirt frame? Been riding a balfa minute man and the chain stays were a bit long

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
New dirt frame? Been riding a balfa minute man and the chain stays were a bit long
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 9:12 Quote
this has turned into a lloyd shreddin thread.
I am a big supporter of 26's though ahha

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 9:36 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
gayest setup award

here in the UK we have predominantly BMX trails, that guys on 26" and 24" also ride

having wasted alot of time and money on 4 different 24" bikes, I ended up going back to BMX for riding trails, skatepark, street and 26" for proper off-road dirt mountain biking action

if you are going to ride a 24" on bmx style trails, may as well get a nice bmx??

Im lanky and i dont like the feel.

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 9:38 Quote
tbh i dont give a shit whether you like 24s or 26s. i like 24s so thats what i ride. Im just asking for help with a frame. I used to ride 26 but 24s ride better for everything apart from freeride/dh and i have another bike for that.

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 9:39 Quote
yeah BMX's do have a very different feel to mountain bikes, very twitchy in the air. And he will want to ride things that arent perfectly smooth aswell

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 9:41 Quote
russpaver wrote:
yeah BMX's do have a very different feel to mountain bikes, very twitchy in the air. And he will want to ride things that arent perfectly smooth aswell

And i did ride 26 for ages first and then my first day riding 24s i got like twice as good so i dont see any reason why i wouldnt ride them

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 9:48 Quote
ijustride wrote:
ss 24/24 one brake. set up for trails with a 100m dj2

I've made up a table of a bunch of 24" frames you may want to take a look at. Should end up being the perfect resource for people like you looking at a new 24".

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=68477

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 9:51 Quote
overloadgimpy wrote:
ijustride wrote:
ss 24/24 one brake. set up for trails with a 100m dj2

I've made up a table of a bunch of 24" frames you may want to take a look at. Should end up being the perfect resource for people like you looking at a new 24".

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=68477

Thanks mate this was what i was what i was looking forSmile

FL
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 9:54 Quote
mhoenisch wrote:
24s are for people who cant handle a real bike. pick a sport
and 26's are for lepers who need a bike to do all the work for them, they lack feel and for the type of trails round here, because we all dont live in aptos, are too big!

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 10:12 Quote
how does the bike do all the work for you with 26's?

anyway this isnt a 24 vs. 26's thread so stop bitchin, bitchaaass

FL
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 10:15 Quote
you just continued it paver, iT's all these wannabe freeriders! the next so called cam mccauls!!!!!!! RIDE WHAT SUITS YOU BEST AND ENJOY IT - END OF!!

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 3:50 Quote
yh 24s are for wankers especially if they have a fro!

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 21:33 Quote
obsessivebiker wrote:
mhoenisch wrote:
and 26's are for lepers who need a bike to do all the work for them, they lack feel and for the type of trails round here, because we all dont live in aptos, are too big!
i guess its cool to take it in the ass, that is what your saying right? 26s all day

Posted: Mar 6, 2009 at 15:35 Quote
ScJammin831 wrote:
obsessivebiker wrote:
mhoenisch wrote:
i guess its cool to take it in the ass, that is what your saying right? 26s all day

For f*cks sake, he's decided he prefers the feel of 24"s, and im with him on the fact that most trails and parks around here are too tight for 26" as I ran em for three years. This aint a 26v24 thread, its a help me find a new frame thread. If you arent going to say anything useful, SOD OFF.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018673
Mobile Version of Website