What kind of dj/parkbike should i get?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What kind of dj/parkbike should i get?
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 9:08 Quote
bighitryda88 wrote:
choncey wrote:
bighitryda88 wrote:
most of the stuff done by todays top bmxers wont even be scene on a mtb for years so have fun waiting for that... and i have an mtb too i just use it on a mountain like the name implies.

RIght because everything is kept super secret and the media doesnt show things done by EVERY rider out there. Do you even know what BMX stands for? If you are saying MTB is for mountain use and trails then BMX should NOT be on the streets doing tricks. since it means Bicycle Motor-cross. as in Racing. Which is there INTENDED design. Pimp
Well I dont know about your friends but none of mine can quad whip or 1080 there mtb...
only reason that is possible is because of the size... plain and simple. just like you don't see mtx bikes doing that stuff...
lots of pro mtb riders(esp dj) ride bmx and do that stuff...
it's a completely different riding style and comparing them is just stupid.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
bighitryda88 wrote:
choncey wrote:

RIght because everything is kept super secret and the media doesnt show things done by EVERY rider out there. Do you even know what BMX stands for? If you are saying MTB is for mountain use and trails then BMX should NOT be on the streets doing tricks. since it means Bicycle Motor-cross. as in Racing. Which is there INTENDED design. Pimp
Well I dont know about your friends but none of mine can quad whip or 1080 there mtb...
only reason that is possible is because of the size... plain and simple. just like you don't see mtx bikes doing that stuff...
lots of pro mtb riders(esp dj) ride bmx and do that stuff...
it's a completely different riding style and comparing them is just stupid.
Ok well the point is a bmx is a better park and dj ride.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 13:50 Quote
"better" is a matter of personal preference here, in keeping with the OP's question... which is what he should get.

does better mean he wants to do the most tricks as fast and easy as possible? if so, then bmx.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 13:52 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
"better" is a matter of personal preference here, in keeping with the OP's question... which is what he should get.

does better mean he wants to do the most tricks as fast and easy as possible? if so, then bmx.
the question is which is better, and Im saying a bmx like a grim reaper or fit team park/trail would be the best option. Plus bmx is alot cheaper.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 13:56 Quote
bighitryda88 wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:

the question is which is better, and Im saying a bmx like a grim reaper or fit team park/trail would be the best option. Plus bmx is alot cheaper.

bmx is somewhat cheaper depending on how bling you want your build to be, but it's definitely lighter for the money, stronger by quite a bit, especially in the wheels... and easier/faster to progress on.

if you want a more versatile bike that's much better for riding long distances to get to riding spots, that can handle some roughly built trails, singletrack, etc, or just like the feel of big wheels, then a mountain bike is for you.

personally i was going to go bmx this season but realized i'd lose the versatility of having a full size ride-almost-everything hardtail, so here i am with an mtb that has 1/3 bmx parts.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 13:58 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
bighitryda88 wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:

bmx is somewhat cheaper depending on how bling you want your build to be, but it's definitely lighter for the money, stronger by quite a bit, especially in the wheels... and easier/faster to progress on.

if you want a more versatile bike that's much better for riding long distances to get to riding spots, that can handle some roughly built trails, singletrack, etc, or just like the feel of big wheels, then a mountain bike is for you.

personally i was going to go bmx this season but realized i'd lose the versatility of having a full size ride-almost-everything hardtail, so here i am with an mtb that has 1/3 bmx parts.
why dont you just get a low susp. fully and a bmx?

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 14:00 Quote
money. it was either one or the other for me at the time. i would've gotten the WTP Envy, i wouldn't compromise the spec on either bike just to have both.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 14:00 Quote
omg the envy is so sick.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
Some people hate BMX, I personally can do way more and am way better on a street/dj bike.
He posted this in the Dirt Jumping & Street forum, not I LIKE BMX forum...
so either recommend a dj/street mtb or be gone.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 14:50 Quote
what the f*ck is your problem? hes asking for a good intermediate dj/street bike. I doubt you can do much of anything on any bike based on the pics in yur profile... Maybe he doesnt know much about bmx and doesnt know its always a good alternative bcuz its cheaper and you can do alot mroe on one. So howbout you go learn how to ride your bike before you start trying to recomend one for other ppl.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 15:41 Quote
yes, because not having a good enough camera or anyone to take pics of me means I OBVIOUSLY can't ride. says the 16yr old.
your a f*cking idiot. go die you piece of shit.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
what does my age have anything to do with me being a better rider than you?

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 17:39 Quote
unhallowed... you are my hero.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
wow just cuz i dont have photos of me riding you think im not good. wow shows how much you f*cking know. how about you bring your stupid ass to my house an hit up my jums and we will see who is better. o wait ur probley to pussy to hit this cuz you ride f*cking 20s

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 at 14:12 Quote
LOL too pussy because i ride 20's? wouldnt that make me less of a pussy? you have like 100mm of travel because you have no flow and when yu make a mistake yu just sit down and ride away like nothing happened. And man Im only 16 I cant drive all the way to the states just to make a fool out of you...

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017800
Mobile Version of Website