Powered by Outside

Good forks? I paid good money and I don't know how to work on my fork.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Good forks? I paid good money and I don't know how to work on my fork.
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:52 Quote
daaneel wrote:
pimpedaline wrote:
Dr-Jackal wrote:
It wasn't new but the guy before bairly rode it. And marzocchi says there is nothing wrong with it
One of the guy at our shop bought the fist year 4X and had the oposite problem rebound was too slow and he couldn't adjust it, turns out once I opened it up that it was turned to far and jammed up inside. I fixed it buy using a couple of pliers with soft jaws to hold the adjuster rod and piston and forcing it back the other way, thank god it was alum guts and not plastic. He hasn'rt had a problem since.

i wouldn't bother as you might come across other problems, just get a new fork
Ya i am done fixing this things and touching it. I need something new thats no more then 5 pounds and it would be nice if it was white lmao.

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:53 Quote
Actually... sad thing is i tried a dirt jam that worked better then my fork. WTF...

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:53 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
daaneel wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:
i heard argyle steer tube bend even without much abuse, is this true?

that was only with the 07's because they were made with cro-mo, the newer ones are alu so get anything thats 2008 or above

uh my pike steer tune is steel will it hold upo the same as and 07 argyle 318

yeah i think the steel steerers are more prone to bending but if they do you can always get warranty

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:54 Quote
daaneel wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:

that was only with the 07's because they were made with cro-mo, the newer ones are alu so get anything thats 2008 or above
thas funny I have an 07 argyle and the steerer is alum, maybe it was on the lower models that they used cro-mo, mines a 409.

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:54 Quote
Dr-Jackal wrote:
daaneel wrote:
pimpedaline wrote:

One of the guy at our shop bought the fist year 4X and had the oposite problem rebound was too slow and he couldn't adjust it, turns out once I opened it up that it was turned to far and jammed up inside. I fixed it buy using a couple of pliers with soft jaws to hold the adjuster rod and piston and forcing it back the other way, thank god it was alum guts and not plastic. He hasn'rt had a problem since.

i wouldn't bother as you might come across other problems, just get a new fork
Ya i am done fixing this things and touching it. I need something new thats no more then 5 pounds and it would be nice if it was white lmao.

lightest argyles come are 409's at 5.19 pounds claims the site

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:55 Quote
what did you expect from such a cheap fork

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:56 Quote
pimpedaline wrote:
daaneel wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:

thas funny I have an 07 argyle and the steerer is alum, maybe it was on the lower models that they used cro-mo, mines a 409.

i think i got that wrong they were steel

im wondering if the 4x would be better cause i can add air to make it stiffer and stiffer instead of buying new springs, or argyle 318's compression mode

tacobell123 wrote:
im wondering if the 4x would be better cause i can add air to make it stiffer and stiffer instead of buying new springs, or argyle 318's compression mode

yeah try that but if all hope fails, get a new fork tup tup

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:57 Quote
wanabe wrote:
wasn't a cheap fork. Cost me like like $300ish. Well i guess thats cheap but pff i dont no

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:57 Quote
well its either the 4x or argyle i cant get both

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:58 Quote
Dr-Jackal wrote:
wanabe wrote:
wasn't a cheap fork. Cost me like like $300ish. Well i guess thats cheap but pff i dont no

I got my fork cheap and even though it has a dent it runs fine for me Big Grin

Ok i got like 50PSI in the thing and stock springs. Do you think if i put firm springs and low air that it would fix the problem

and i dont want top out cause its so annoying and dumb

tacobell123 wrote:
well its either the 4x or argyle i cant get both

definetly an argyle but dont get 2007's, get 2008 or up

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008845
Mobile Version of Website