Powered by Outside

Carrera Banshee X

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Carrera Banshee X
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 12:08 Quote
Any1 recomend anything to change on that banshee. Im thinking new wheels after a while, maybe brakes.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 12:32 Quote
matt-watkins wrote:
Any1 recomend anything to change on that banshee. Im thinking new wheels after a while, maybe brakes.

i havent had a problem with my brakes, i weigh 14 stone and the the 180mm front 160mm rear stop me quick enough

if you are going for big stuff the wheels might need changing, and maybe get a shorter stem?

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 14:21 Quote
Oki, thanks for the idea's Smile

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 0:57 Quote
I really want this bike now, I can't wait Smile

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 7:50 Quote
matt-watkins wrote:
I really want this bike now, I can't wait Smile

when are you picking her up then ?

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 8:00 Quote
banshees are great bikes if you get a short stem and maybe upgrade the rims to something beefier like mavic 521s or something a long those lines and when thats done you shouldnt have a problem throwing it around and it breaking Salute

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 8:07 Quote
The frames arent designed for teh stress of jumping and Freeride, My frind Will Used to work for halfords and the company that makes them (Merida) dont warrenty the frames for anything but all mountain/trail use.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 8:35 Quote
Looking at it next weekend, and I'll take it if everything's ok with it.

As for the frame, I've heard a few people say that, but I've also heard a lot of people that do 10ft+ jumps all the time and it's fine, so hopefully wont be any problem.

The bike is from 2007, so I doubt its under warrenty anymore.

As for Halfords, the bike wont be going anywhere near that shop.

Thanks

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 8:37 Quote
Yes I know halfords are terrible Its just that they are the importers (owners?) of carrera bikes so that was one (only) thing they knew about it.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 8:46 Quote
Oki, thanks.

The problem with Halfords is that there staff are not trained well enough. My local bike shop has a mechanic who used to work at Halfords, who said that one weekend he went away and he came back on monday to find 4 bikes that the pedals had fallen off on.

Halfords don't have the equipment/staff to deal with anything more technical that some SR Suntour forks and Shimano brakes.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 10:16 Quote
muzzler wrote:
Yes I know halfords are terrible Its just that they are the importers (owners?) of carrera bikes so that was one (only) thing they knew about it.

halfords are only distributors of carrera and boardman bikes, totally agree about their mechanics though, when my one came within 5 minutes of riding the linkage bolts where lose

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 11:03 Quote
Ye, even though they only distribute, they still have to build the bikes themselves, which is where the trouble occurs. Normally, its not a problem with the bike, its more due to the way in which they are set up.

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 13:07 Quote
just to amend a previous comment i made, turns out the chainset is not rivited like i thought sorry about that

just go and buy the thing:P

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014864
Mobile Version of Website