Powered by Outside

How to make rear hubs loud

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
How to make rear hubs loud
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 8:51 Quote
There is nothing wrong with putting light oil in a freehub, its better then grease because grease can cause the pawls to stick down in colder weather. The loadest hub I have heard so far is the ringle abbah 150. I can't even hear my hadley when I am riding near one.

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 18:09 Quote
the only way too make a loud hub loud is to purchase a loud one in the first place. they do sound pretty cool, but i think i would get tired of them after a while.

FL
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 18:24 Quote
just buy another one who sound as cool as you are! Ringle hub sound great. and you'll probably go faster lol

Posted: Dec 29, 2007 at 9:27 Quote
if youre really desperate you can take out the spring clip that springloads the pawls on some hubs and modify a small keyring to fit(more stiff), i tried it and it makes it twice as loud

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 11:49 Quote
macneilbmx07 wrote:
if youre really desperate you can take out the spring clip that springloads the pawls on some hubs and modify a small keyring to fit(more stiff), i tried it and it makes it twice as loud

but that sounds like a shit load of work?
and what are keyrings?

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 13:18 Quote
spoiledgoods wrote:
macneilbmx07 wrote:

and what are keyrings?
keyrings are the little steel rings on a keychain, it looks like a compressed spring, just find one that isnt too thick gauge to fit in the groove and cut it a bit shorter and pop it in

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 14:08 Quote
macneilbmx07 wrote:
spoiledgoods wrote:
macneilbmx07 wrote:

and what are keyrings?
keyrings are the little steel rings on a keychain, it looks like a compressed spring, just find one that isnt too thick gauge to fit in the groove and cut it a bit shorter and pop it in

where do you get those?
and does it damage the pawls at all? i guess now because its positive pressure.

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 14:24 Quote
spoiledgoods wrote:
macneilbmx07 wrote:
spoiledgoods wrote:

and what are keyrings?

where do you get those?

you can get them almost anywhere, like a dollar store or something, just make sure that the wire isnt too thick or it wont work, and i dont think it will damage the pawls, and it helps engagement if your having skipping problems, i can get some how to pics later if you want

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 14:39 Quote
macneilbmx07 wrote:
spoiledgoods wrote:
macneilbmx07 wrote:

where do you get those?

you can get them almost anywhere, like a dollar store or something, just make sure that the wire isnt too thick or it wont work, and i dont think it will damage the pawls, and it helps engagement if your having skipping problems, i can get some how to pics later if you want

yeah send me a pm if you dont mind.
thanks doodz.

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 15:19 Quote
My buds chris king is 8 years old and its the loudest thing I've ever heard.

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 15:31 Quote
The newer hope pro 2 trials hub is the loudest hub i know of? try that

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 15:32 Quote
travis99 wrote:
The newer hope pro 2 trials hub is the loudest hub i know of? try that
i emailed hope, and they havent got back to me yet.

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 15:43 Quote
ok well theres this guy u all have heard of...and his name is....wait for it....

Steve Romaniuk...

have u ever heard him make motorbike noises while rippin down trails?

try that...just let off huge "BRRRRAAAAAAPPP!!"'s while rippin...if u do it right it sounds cool and lets people know someone crazy might be rippin down and they will wanna get the hell outta the way...unless they are deaf.

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 20:15 Quote
get a small cow bell that hangs from your seat or bars that what i got. they give them out for free at most trails, or go get one from your bike shop

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 20:16 Quote
motostu93 wrote:
get a small cow bell that hangs from your seat or bars that what i got. they give them out for free at most trails, or go get one from your bike shop

there was a kid behind me at Cougar Mountian who had one on his bike. He wore all purpple camo. Crazy kid.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014182
Mobile Version of Website