Mendip trail building sesh?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mendip trail building sesh?
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 14, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
fooox wrote:
olynch wrote:
In a week and a bits time i going up there to finish it. Ill spend a few days on it.

I had a need to build a track there as atm i dont really have anywhere decent locally to ride.

Do you know the guy who rides that red foes bike because i was told he runs things there and makes sure nothing stupid happens.

I seen that dude a couple of times, don't know him though. He pretty much bombs down, sprints up bombs down, sprints up bombs down, sprints up... and doesn't tire. He is an absolute machine!

Im going up in half term(week after next), u around then to go for a ride or do a bit of building?

Posted: May 14, 2009 at 11:58 Quote
olynch wrote:
fooox wrote:
olynch wrote:
In a week and a bits time i going up there to finish it. Ill spend a few days on it.

I had a need to build a track there as atm i dont really have anywhere decent locally to ride.

Do you know the guy who rides that red foes bike because i was told he runs things there and makes sure nothing stupid happens.

I seen that dude a couple of times, don't know him though. He pretty much bombs down, sprints up bombs down, sprints up bombs down, sprints up... and doesn't tire. He is an absolute machine!

Im going up in half term(week after next), u around then to go for a ride or do a bit of building?

if you come up in the mid-week il be well up for a bit of a dig,

lol, hee's called matt

Posted: May 14, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
he is a nice bloke. no body runs things up there but he lives close by and looks after the trails.
if you see him have a chat.
and we definitely dont need anything stupid up there.
have fun building your track.

Posted: May 14, 2009 at 12:26 Quote
olynch wrote:
fooox wrote:
olynch wrote:

I may be but i don't think i'll build. Sorry for the lack of commitment but i'm limiting myself to 1 full day of biking due to A levels, and i don't really want to spend it building tbh. But after exams I'm gonna pretty much live there! I'm gonna camp in some woods (Fluid) for a few days and that should be epic.

Posted: May 16, 2009 at 11:53 Quote
Hi Guys, new to Pink Bike. Greetings!

Spotted this thread on a google search for the mendip dh trail. Just though i would come in and say that we really want to keep the trail 'low-key' as possible like what gabriel-m has said. The oringal trail has sections that are around 10 years old now!! I cant believe how popular the trails have become... Areas of the trail that need some work are mainly the bottom and middle section. The bottom section used to be loads faster when it was first built.
Matt didnt build the trail it was creatd by some people that will remain name-less as its not legal. Took a lot of hard work tho i can assure you! ;-)

Anyway glad the track has hit the inter-web...

Hope the trails remains for many years to come and lets keep the trail low key with careful builds.

See you guys up the track no doubt! :-)

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009561
Mobile Version of Website