Powered by Outside

Looking for a new DJ but which one?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Looking for a new DJ but which one?
Posted: May 22, 2009 at 21:16 Quote
DCD939 wrote:
get-hucked666 wrote:
Its called an Amp, its built by Banshee. The frames costs about 500-600$ canadian, but its the best Dj/street/4x Geo. Ive ever ridden in my life, and shame for me to be able to say but ive owned like 6 different DJ bikes in the past 2 years.

The frame is 4.4 lbs giv'or'take ...

Id say the bb height is perfect, the length is perfect, the head angel, the standover height, the dropouts, the tire clearance, brake mounts, and chainstay length are perfect.

So if you pick on of them up, leaves you with about 800$ to work with, not much but if you shop right its totally worth it.

i totally agree. i got mine built up yesterday and it is so much fun. best decision i have ever made.

It makes other bikes feel obsolete right?

I own a Dobermann pinscher, and for a while i thought it was the greatest frame, then i got my Amp the other day... I honestly can't say I've wanted to ride my dob since.

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 22:42 Quote
what is the weight of the devinchi district ss or the norco havoc?

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 23:03 Quote
i'm with tacobell here! eastern night train all the way!! it's a great deal and the frame is superb. i personally have an eastern TB and it's the same frame and i LOVE IT. it rides like no other for sure Fab

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 7:17 Quote
get-hucked666 wrote:
DCD939 wrote:
get-hucked666 wrote:
Its called an Amp, its built by Banshee. The frames costs about 500-600$ canadian, but its the best Dj/street/4x Geo. Ive ever ridden in my life, and shame for me to be able to say but ive owned like 6 different DJ bikes in the past 2 years.

The frame is 4.4 lbs giv'or'take ...

Id say the bb height is perfect, the length is perfect, the head angel, the standover height, the dropouts, the tire clearance, brake mounts, and chainstay length are perfect.

So if you pick on of them up, leaves you with about 800$ to work with, not much but if you shop right its totally worth it.

i totally agree. i got mine built up yesterday and it is so much fun. best decision i have ever made.

It makes other bikes feel obsolete right?

I own a Dobermann pinscher, and for a while i thought it was the greatest frame, then i got my Amp the other day... I honestly can't say I've wanted to ride my dob since.

By the way, here's what my amp looks like!
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt324/daniel-d-93/DSC00130.jpg

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 9:03 Quote
lexx wrote:
i'm with tacobell here! eastern night train all the way!! it's a great deal and the frame is superb. i personally have an eastern TB and it's the same frame and i LOVE IT. it rides like no other for sure Fab

Other then the fact its made by eastern, so its bound to break. And its not that light given the supreme parts they stock it with.

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
get-hucked666 wrote:
lexx wrote:

Other then the fact its made by eastern, so its bound to break. And its not that light given the supreme parts they stock it with.
that's just stupid saying it'll break because it's an eastern!
#1 you can't expect stock parts to hold up all the way
#2 mistakes do happen so defects are bond to be found
#3 5.7 pounds is pretty good for a cromoly frame in my books
#4 yea i guess the NT stock bike is a little heavy, but with a quick change a few parts no doubt it will be sub 30

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 10:42 Quote
Frame: Pinkbike Model: BuySell

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 10:51 Quote
lexx wrote:
get-hucked666 wrote:
lexx wrote:

that's just stupid saying it'll break because it's an eastern!
#1 you can't expect stock parts to hold up all the way
#2 mistakes do happen so defects are bond to be found
#3 5.7 pounds is pretty good for a cromoly frame in my books
#4 yea i guess the NT stock bike is a little heavy, but with a quick change a few parts no doubt it will be sub 30

Im not saying this because of some stereotype like people say about kona, its from having half a dozen buddies in bmx who have ridden or know people who rode eastern product that all broke within no reason at all.

Its nothing bad to the company per say just they make things lighter by compromising strength.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 18:14 Quote
I-A-HILL-BILLIE-YEAH-I-AM wrote:
what is the weight of the devinchi district ss or the norco havoc?
there all around 30-1 pounds

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
i would suggest a specialized p1 08 or 09

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 22:38 Quote
the 09 eastern nighttrain is manufacturer labeled 29 pounds btw so a few changes will easily make it a very light bike.

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
str89012 wrote:

NEVER. EVEREVER EVER.

Those frames are 7 pounds. STUPID heavy, and a superrrr way to low BB. The bike isnt worth it. Better off with a p.2 aluminum

O+
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 19:18 Quote
get-hucked666 wrote:
str89012 wrote:

NEVER. EVEREVER EVER.

Those frames are 7 pounds. STUPID heavy, and a superrrr way to low BB. The bike isnt worth it. Better off with a p.2 aluminum

yea totaly if your willing to pay for somthing that much go with a devici district ss or a havoc

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 19:23 Quote
OMGitsTimaaaay wrote:
get-hucked666 wrote:
str89012 wrote:

NEVER. EVEREVER EVER.

yea totaly if your willing to pay for somthing that much go with a devici district ss or a havoc

or a a-lab trailking/trailpimp complete, or a 357, or a thunderbird.

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 19:30 Quote
dont get a thunderbird because you WILL turn it into a nighttrain sooner or later. i learned that the hard way Frown

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013999
Mobile Version of Website