Powered by Outside

P.2 Cr-Mo... What do you think?

PB Forum :: Specialized
P.2 Cr-Mo... What do you think?
FL
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 9:26 Quote
I have one and it is my baby i luv it u can do anything great bike to build up solid

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 9:27 Quote
I think they're shitty for street. Not a big fan of specialized... bottom bracket heights are too low on those bikes.

FL
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 9:34 Quote
bomb 4 tha street pedals backwords reel nice i never liked specialized before i bought this bike and i still don't like the company but the P series is in its like 4th or 5th year alot of insight in those frames not to mention all the pros who used to ride the p3

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 13:55 Quote
icramer wrote:
Why don't you zip it unless you have something constructive to say champ...

Well why doesn't he look at the websites?? Im sure he is capable.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 5:32 Quote
HaggisOnABike wrote:
icramer wrote:
Why don't you zip it unless you have something constructive to say champ...

Well why doesn't he look at the websites?? Im sure he is capable.

You're right....I am capable...and I have looked at websites ya dingbat. I've done my research and these two bikes are very similar. I like them equally and I have come to this discussion board last to get opinions from people who have actually owned and ridden them. Make sense??

See the rules at the top for 'Posting Guidelines'???? What does the third bullet say?
"Be informative. Does this post actually help or contribute?" Did your original post actually help me or contribute to the solution? I don't think so. Am I wasting your time or something? If I am...don't reply. It's that simple.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 5:37 Quote
got to be said the giant stp is crap my mate has got one and it comes with cheap parts

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 15:13 Quote
smurfin wrote:
got to be said the giant stp is crap my mate has got one and it comes with cheap parts

cheaper bikes come with cheaper parts. i consider the stp a very good frame. sicklines has an article on jeff lenosky's bike - it's totally decked out - the only thing non-street about it are the cross-country racing mavic crossmax wheels.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 16:30 Quote
MadMike2007 wrote:
However, the forks are sub-standard. Seems like the DJ3s get worse every year! There is certainly flex in the rims. The Avid BB3s are good, but they experience fade.

Still, reccomended for the price! I love it!

The DJ3's have never felt so good. My 07 is 10 months old and it still feels new and responds to sidewalk bumps! I've never gotten an oil change or anything, just lightly oiled the stantions from time to time. But again there's the weight issue. I hate how heavy it is but if i can school your ass with a heavy awkward bike than it's not saying much for you. (not speaking to you directly just any flamers in general.) And if ytou want it stiffer just get springs. They cost the same as a decent shock pump and they're not as hard on your internals. i tried to replace one spring with just air and it fuked with my rebound damper. so i wouldn't use the air chamber.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 16:32 Quote
MadMike2007 wrote:
about 35Ibs
I f you're refering to the stock weight of a P2 cromo(w/ deraileour), it's 40lbs

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 16:33 Quote
jason222 wrote:
I think they're shitty for street. Not a big fan of specialized... bottom bracket heights are too low on those bikes.
Not street frames. Ever noticed how specialized sponsers some of the best DJers in the world? Connection??? maybe.
Also they did make a P.Street. Which evidently didn't sell all to well. In fact, I'm pretty sure you can still pick up a new one from the factory because they're still in stock from 2005.

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 9:51 Quote
besoshort wrote:
MadMike2007 wrote:
However, the forks are sub-standard. Seems like the DJ3s get worse every year! There is certainly flex in the rims. The Avid BB3s are good, but they experience fade.

The DJ3's have never felt so good. My 07 is 10 months old and it still feels new and responds to sidewalk bumps! I've never gotten an oil change or anything, just lightly oiled the stantions from time to time. But again there's the weight issue. I hate how heavy it is but if i can school your ass with a heavy awkward bike than it's not saying much for you. (not speaking to you directly just any flamers in general.) And if ytou want it stiffer just get springs. They cost the same as a decent shock pump and they're not as hard on your internals. i tried to replace one spring with just air and it fuked with my rebound damper. so i wouldn't use the air chamber.

The '08s are Coil/MCU(Elastomer spring) so no air. And I didnt say anything about weight, but I am right. No rebound adjuster, no air, just set up as stock and thats all.

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 9:52 Quote
besoshort wrote:
MadMike2007 wrote:
about 35Ibs
I f you're refering to the stock weight of a P2 cromo(w/ deraileour), it's 40lbs

"About 35..." So 40 is a big deal? That was merely a guess, but thanks for the input.

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 15:34 Quote
MadMike2007 wrote:
besoshort wrote:
MadMike2007 wrote:

The '08s are Coil/MCU(Elastomer spring) so no air. And I didnt say anything about weight, but I am right. No rebound adjuster, no air, just set up as stock and thats all.
sorry i thought we were talking about the 07. but you're right the 08 does sound like crap.

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 15:37 Quote
Only problem so far actually is the forks. But I've got new rims anyway Big Grin

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 22:20 Quote
MadMike2007 wrote:

08 marzocchi dj2s have an air preload chamber in one side, while the other side is a spring and cold-forged crowns. mine weighs in at about 6 pounds.

and whoever said a p2 cromo stock weighs 40 pounds... WTF?

it's more like 35, or at the very most, 35 and a half. my p2 alloy was 34.5 bone-stock, now 31 after a crank and tire swap, and singlespeeded (with the cassette and shifter left on). my alloy frame couldn't be more than a pound lighter than the cromo frame, and both p2s have the same components other than the brakes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015557
Mobile Version of Website