Powered by Outside

Which short travel fully? rampant or sx

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Which short travel fully? rampant or sx
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 22:09 Quote
Don't have enough riding time on either to make a proper comparison.
The banshee feels taller, and more confidence inducing. Could just be my imagination though.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 22:10 Quote
slopestyle123 wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
Norco isn't high end, in my eyes.
Transitions are nice, super trendy.
Banshee's are beasts, I love em.

Test ride a a trany/banshee and pick the one you like more.

ya i dont think most norcos are high end plus everyone has one! look around!! banshees are really sick and so are transitions. not many people have those companys (trany and banshee).

how so. They produce great feeling bike, awesome spec, quality built frames, awesome warranty.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 22:14 Quote
Well like I said, I feel their are many other companies that produce products that perform to a higher standard.
It also might help to add that I'm not really a fan of their geo. But yay or nay to that is PURELY personal.
I'll agree on the awesome warranty, I am impressed with how they handled the recall.
And I tend to not judge a company by the spec, seeing as I rarely keep any bike stock for more than a day or two. I'm picky about my components.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 22:18 Quote
to the Op, Strongly sudjest the banshee wildcard, very versitile bike that is super strong, only 7.5 lbs for the frame so relativly light. the two travel setting make it perfect for an all around bike, 6.5 travel setting for the drops and the more rugged riding, even in the 6.5 setting it still climbs fairly well, standing up there is little pedal bob, but sitting down it pedals like a hardtail, the 5in setting is even more efficient standing. the 1.5 headtube allows you to get a really low front end with a zero stack headset. if you do end up getting the frame i sudjest getting it with the manitou evolver isx6. the evolver feels better then any other air shock iv ridden including dhx 5 air and roco, dont judge this one because its a manitou, they got it right with this one.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 22:19 Quote
They are all great bikes, I've only ridden the Norco 4X and Its an awesome jumper/ slalom bike. Any of the frames you are looking at are a solid base for an awesome build. That probably doesn't help you decide, but which ever you end up with it will be good. Also consider the Norco Empire Five, might not be great uphill but its a sick slopestyle bike

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 22:36 Quote
I had a norco six with a jr.t for a while then a 66 and it climbed well jumped well and rode downhill like a maniac I'd say get a six for sure

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 23:07 Quote
I`d get the rampant over the norco any day. For what you`re talking about, dj and easy to climb, the rampant is pretty much your best bet. It is advertised as having great pedaling efficiency and it was designed for 4x and slopestyle so it`s pretty much what you need. Also, it`s a banshee, meaning it`s gotta be light and it looks dope.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 23:08 Quote
konacowboy wrote:
I`d get the rampant over the norco any day. For what you`re talking about, dj and easy to climb, the rampant is pretty much your best bet. It is advertised as having great pedaling efficiency and it was designed for 4x and slopestyle so it`s pretty much what you need. Also, it`s a banshee, meaning it`s gotta be light and it looks dope.
My Banshee weighs 50lbs. MY buddies weighs upwards of 53lbs.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 23:12 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
konacowboy wrote:
the frame, the amp is probably the lightest dj/4x frame so the rampant has to be light too.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 23:14 Quote
konacowboy wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
konacowboy wrote:
the frame, the amp is probably the lightest dj/4x frame so the rampant has to be light too.
Well first off your logic is totally f*cked haha.
Secondly, Banshee is well known for having super heavy bikes. Although in recent years has lightened them up lots.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 23:17 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
konacowboy wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:

Well first off your logic is totally f*cked haha.
Secondly, Banshee is well known for having super heavy bikes. Although in recent years has lightened them up lots.
the rampant frame is 7.2 lbs. with shock. That's pretty light.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 23:18 Quote
That frame might be, but just because your frame is light it doesn't automatically mean every banshee is light.

Especially when banshees are known for being tanks.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 23:20 Quote
I'm sorry, I sort of worded it wrong. I meant to say that their dj/4x bikes are light. I wasn't referring to all banshees.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014587
Mobile Version of Website