Powered by Outside

Giant Glory vs. Cove Shocker

PB Forum :: Downhill
Giant Glory vs. Cove Shocker
O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 10:42 Quote
I would personally go for the Shocker and get yourself a hand made sorted bike. I have just had yet another 3 days of doing 8-10 runs per day at Fort William in Scotland and if anywhere is going to break a bike then Fort Bill will. Sure the paint is a bit chipped and in the last year I have been through many, many parts but the Shocker frame remains true and strong and the bearings are un-touched. If you want a strong fit and forget bike go for Cove and all these people that say they are too heavy well around 40lbs is as godd as anything I think.

Of course I would say all this as I own one and no doubt there are many superb bikes out there!

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 10:43 Quote
duir wrote:
I would personally go for the Shocker and get yourself a hand made sorted bike. I have just had yet another 3 days of doing 8-10 runs per day at Fort William in Scotland and if anywhere is going to break a bike then Fort Bill will. Sure the paint is a bit chipped and in the last year I have been through many, many parts but the Shocker frame remains true and strong and the bearings are un-touched. If you want a strong fit and forget bike go for Cove and all these people that say they are too heavy well around 40lbs is as godd as anything I think.

Of course I would say all this as I own one and no doubt there are many superb bikes out there!

you know giants are hand made too right?

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 14:31 Quote
Giant Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (捷安特) is a Taiwanese bicycle manufacturer which bills itself as the world's largest bicycle manufacturer.[1] Giant has manufacturing facilities in Taiwan, Netherlands, and China.

Cove's are handmade in Canada. Made in smaller numbers which results in higher quality. Giants may be handmade, but are mass produced in very large numbers which is why the cost is cheaper.

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 14:34 Quote
gotta say cove on this one, plus the 2010 boxxer is better than the fox imo

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 16:56 Quote
aaghhh so tough man, I hate this, both bike seem to be very equal, aparrently they both ride almost the same, so its going to come down to components, warranty and style.

personally, I like the Glory's 09 paintjob, I think it looks awesome, If I get the shocker though, white would be my choice. considering I'm big (6'2, 200lb without gear) I think I'm more likely to break a frame, I'm no pro so I'll probably make a lot of mistakes like landing short on a jump. this can put enormous stress on the frame, which can make it fail. from what i've heard cove warranty sucks, giant has a better warranty (lifetime maybe, not sure) and a replacement frame can be acquired anywhere. So I don't know, I'm leaning towards the glory. plus the fox forty is prob gonna be better for a heavy dude like me, boxxerr are more of a race fork because of the whole weught thing blah blah blah

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 17:05 Quote
no the 2010 boxxer is from what i heard and saw way tougher then the 40

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 17:06 Quote
GLORY BayBAY!

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 17:11 Quote
The new boxxers are just as tough and durable as a 40. As far as the Cove goes you will be very unlikely to break it as they were designed to be ridden hard and pushed to the limit

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 17:18 Quote
nannerb82 wrote:
Giant Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (捷安特) is a Taiwanese bicycle manufacturer which bills itself as the world's largest bicycle manufacturer.[1] Giant has manufacturing facilities in Taiwan, Netherlands, and China.

Cove's are handmade in Canada. Made in smaller numbers which results in higher quality. Giants may be handmade, but are mass produced in very large numbers which is why the cost is cheaper.
Right. Mass produced by people who just weld all day long.

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 17:43 Quote
SHocker.HANDMADE as he said before in Canada.There are experienced people making them,not 12 year olds2 cents

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 17:50 Quote
Glory, its is a good peddler and has an active suspension. Plus tough as hell!

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 17:53 Quote
DHDEVEN wrote:
SHocker.HANDMADE as he said before in Canada.There are experienced people making them,not 12 year olds2 cents
Glory. HANDMADE in Taiwan, which probably has the bast welders in the world.

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 17:57 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
DHDEVEN wrote:
Giant has manufacturing facilities in Taiwan, Netherlands, and CHINA.

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
DHDEVEN wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
DHDEVEN wrote:
Giant has manufacturing facilities in Taiwan, Netherlands, and CHINA.
Oh jeez. That means it will snap no matter what.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015206
Mobile Version of Website