Powered by Outside

14mm x 135 mm mtb hub that can be used as LHD ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
14mm x 135 mm mtb hub that can be used as LHD ?
Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 21:00 Quote
recklessness wrote:
My T-Bird. 10mm axle (135mm spacing) shimmed to a 14mm dropout with a BMX peg spacer. No problems as of yet.
Snip
I have an adapter to pass from 10mm to 14mm and I hate it Madder

Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 21:23 Quote
Phil-S wrote:
recklessness wrote:
My T-Bird. 10mm axle (135mm spacing) shimmed to a 14mm dropout with a BMX peg spacer. No problems as of yet.
Snip
I have an adapter to pass from 10mm to 14mm and I hate it Madder
So get a better one. They won't cost much.

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 2:19 Quote
charge-rider wrote:
Phil-S wrote:
And Charge? I know a guy on SS did that, what's his name/username?
Someone who spaced out a bmx hub?
Me and George91 (the one with the raw sub, just got the rear Eclat hub).

Yeah its well easy, we've both done it with no problems, i used the eclat because the bolts are 10mm with 14mm axle parts that i just spaced out, also i just used a few more spacers on the left so that i got the perfect chain line and becuase i'm brakeless i didn't bother dishing the wheel, here:
Smile

photo

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 8:28 Quote
I have a question, since it is a bmx hub, it was designed to be used with 20" wheels. wouldn't the flanges be too near from each other so the strenght of a 26" wheel would be affected? I don't know if you guys understand what I mean? And sorry for my english.

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 8:35 Quote
As long as your wheel is well build and kept tight there shouldn't be any problems with strength.

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 8:36 Quote
charge-rider wrote:
As long as your wheel is well build and kept tight there shouldn't be any problems with strength.
Ok cause I'm not a smooth rider at all Razz

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 8:37 Quote
Phil-S wrote:
charge-rider wrote:
Ok cause I'm not a smooth rider at all Razz
Keep your spokes tight!!

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 8:43 Quote
Get a hub with a larger flange then

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 8:45 Quote
ginj wrote:
Get a hub with a larger flange then
I'm talking about the distance between the two flanges...

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
You have a valid point.

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 9:04 Quote
I have a friend with a LHD 135mm hub, It came on his GT I-Drive thing. it has a gear box and the drive is on the left for some reason and it has a disc mount on the righ side and on the right side of the frame, Ill try and look it up for you but i dout it can be bourght seeing as it has been made for the bike.

You best bet is to get a bmx hub and space it out (like George91) and also you will have the job of weilding the disc mounts on the left.

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 9:08 Quote
He doesn't run a disc brake and don't you mean welding a disc mount on the right?:P

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 9:10 Quote
charge-rider wrote:
He doesn't run a disc brake and don't you mean welding a disc mount on the right?:P

Yes i did. lol

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 9:15 Quote
madishmandan wrote:
I have a friend with a LHD 135mm hub, It came on his GT I-Drive thing. it has a gear box and the drive is on the left for some reason and it has a disc mount on the righ side and on the right side of the frame, Ill try and look it up for you but i dout it can be bourght seeing as it has been made for the bike.

You best bet is to get a bmx hub and space it out (like George91) and also you will have the job of weilding the disc mounts on the left.

Ive Found a pictures of the bike and the gear box.http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/tech/shows/eurobike/part4/GF7U9572-150.jpgThis one

http://bikemag.com/gear/gt-370-internal.jpg And This One

I Know it dosent realy help but there are some bikes with it.

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 10:15 Quote
madishmandan wrote:
madishmandan wrote:

Ive Found a pictures of the bike and the gear box.http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/tech/shows/eurobike/part4/GF7U9572-150.jpgThis one

http://bikemag.com/gear/gt-370-internal.jpg And This One

I Know it dosent realy help but there are some bikes with it.
What's the point of LHD on a bike like that?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.302199
Mobile Version of Website