What would be the loudest Hub For 26'' MTB

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What would be the loudest Hub For 26'' MTB
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 11:38 Quote
evilrydr wrote:
JakGT wrote:
dirtjumper909 wrote:
halo DJD are quite loud
iv got a djd they are prity loud but as soon as you but wd40 in it ya cant hear it, not as loud as a hope pro 2 or bulb

WFT!?! Why would you ever put WD40 in a hub??? And if you did, it would be louder because it's a degreaser.

wd 40 is not a degreaser, it simply dissolves rust, displaces water and combines with grease so it does lessin its effects, but it is still a lubricant

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 12:09 Quote
no, wd-40 is a solvent, not a lubricant.

my hope pro 2 SS is by far the loudest I've heard in person, trumping King and I-9.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 12:19 Quote
gordanfreman wrote:

my hope pro 2 SS is by far the loudest I've heard in person, trumping King and I-9.

it is a chemical process that dissolves rust, it was developed for the veitnam war to keep the weapons dry and rust free, it is silicon based and acts like a lubricant, varsol is a solvent water displacement 40 is not

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 12:43 Quote
JoeMustang wrote:
gordanfreman wrote:

it is a chemical process that dissolves rust, it was developed for the veitnam war to keep the weapons dry and rust free, it is silicon based and acts like a lubricant, varsol is a solvent water displacement 40 is not

In correct Dont believe every thing you wikki. wd-40 is mainly 2 parts. kerosene and mineral oil. The kerosene acts as a detergent until it evaporates leaving the mineral oil behind. It was invented on Vandenberg Air Force Base in the early 50s. It was made to help keep the Atlas missiles from rusting. But was horrible for small caliber weapons. Wd stands for water displacement and the 40 was the location of the Atlas missiles that's not commonly known ether. If you dont believe me you can google vandenberg air force base wd-40

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 13:17 Quote
at any rate, its not solvent, we both agree, and i was miss informed by a veitnam veteran i guess

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:00 Quote
JoeMustang wrote:
at any rate, its not solvent, we both agree, and i was miss informed by a veitnam veteran i guess

it is a solvent. Thats what kerosene does.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:06 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
thatdownhillkid wrote:
i love it when my hub only lasts a month.
New pawls are much cheaper than a new hub.

Loud hubs are overrated. They don't make your dick bigger no matter what you think.

haha
bigquotesLoud hubs are overrated. They don't make your dick bigger no matter what you think

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:06 Quote
Sun Ringle Abbah DH/Lawwill

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:09 Quote
flyinhigh wrote:
Sun Ringle Abbah DH/Lawwill

yea i had a lawwhill on my old giant, it was loud as f*ck!!

my mates pro2 was louder but mine had more engagements and it was more of a buzz

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:13 Quote
Hope pro 2 with a small amount of high quality ultra thin grease and slightly stretched sprigs! Loud as hell!

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:14 Quote
but I mean I think we gotta talk about a bit of performance aswell.
Some loud hubs are usually that way because they have less drive notches.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:14 Quote
Eastern Hubs are pretty noisey.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 15:02 Quote
The loudest hub I've heard would be my mates Hope Pro 2 SS with a profile driver.
Very buzzy.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
yea, i rode once with 2 guys that has pro 2's and another 3 with BMX hubs and i got a headache

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.056125
Mobile Version of Website