Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 14:29 Quote
wheelieman133 wrote:
thanks. its a hard decision both tires are great but the nevegals are lighter
awesome i just got a 2.35 navi for up front for a race next week

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 7:08 Quote
get the minions,they are way better than the nevegals

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 7:25 Quote
Something else to consider is a HighRoller in Supertacky.
Lots of traction, lower profile than a minion and rolls faster.....great tire to consider to.

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 9:52 Quote
I rode the nevegals for a season and then switched to minions. Both wear pretty fast if you get sticky compounds. Overall, I thought the minion had better traction, especially in damp conditions and on super-steeps. The nevegals are pretty nice in loose conditions. One thing I really liked about the minions though was that they are really hard to break loose in the back, more predictable than the Nevegals. The one drawback on the maxxis is as a 2.35 it is a narrow profile tire compared to the nevegals, and I found that when they were starting to wear out, I also started pinch flatting a great deal.

Advantage minions, but I would still run nevegals.

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 12:41 Quote
ilikeicecream wrote:
get the minions,they are way better than the nevegals
when i got to the race i bought a minion dhf instead of running the navi. It is really good imo.

Posted: Dec 4, 2009 at 13:46 Quote
i would run the minions

i was on 2.7 dhf front 2.5 dhr rear on my rig for a while before i decided it was too much for most of the trails around here.

i since switched to a 2.5 dhf front super tacky and a 2.35 dhf rear 60a durometer.

like the others said, this is a much thinner setup than regular 2.5/2.35 ...and they spin up way faster. i still have tons of corner grip and i always have confidence in this setup.

i'll save the 2.7/2.5 for northstar..

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020073
Mobile Version of Website