Powered by Outside

Mavic. Scared to show up at crankworx? you bet they are

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Mavic. Scared to show up at crankworx? you bet they are
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 9:41 Quote
willbikeforbeer wrote:
Walrus666 wrote:
Yes it IS a 28 hole 823. The new rims however now come in 32 hole drilling and actually have extra machining to the rim itself so they aren't 823's.

And I don't know why your ranting on about mavic. Probably some of the best rims you can get. Well priced, and they work for what they are designed for. Next you'll be making a topic on how DT swiss are all sh*t just because their rims dent easy.

rims denting easily is a pretty good reason not to like them isn't it?

Unless you run high enough tire pressures Wink Makes them fine for street riders. Supposedly the new rims are going to be far more resistant to denting but we'll see.

Mod
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 10:00 Quote
Uhhh, a tonne of companies don't show up at Crankworx. It's more like, only a few companies did show up. I don't find it odd that Mavic wasn't there.

There were only about 20 to 30 companies there out of the 100's in the industry, and alot of the ones there weren't even parts/bikes.. but clothing.

Parts: SRAM, Hayes, Geax, Race Face, Fox
Bikes: Rocky Mountain, Norco, Kona, Corsair, Haro, Giant, Scott, Specialized, Cove
Other Stuff: Alpine Stars, Monster, Louis Garneau, Giro, Oakley, Cliff Bar, Kokanee
Than some snowboard companies and random weird booths like Wii etc.

I know I missed a couple companies.. but this year really wasn't a big year for companies setting up booths there.

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 10:16 Quote
Continues to be a fun thread.

At the DT bit. Everyone knew what they were getting into with the 6.1 rims, maybe not how easily they dent, but the overall fact that they will do that. FR600 rims are said to be between Mavic 729 and the old 6.1 in terms of strength. Continue to be happy with both the 2350 and 1750 set.

Mod
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 10:48 Quote
Although fun, I have decided to lock this thread as it is pretty much useless. Sorry for ruining the fun. It was good while it lasted... Frown

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012563
Mobile Version of Website