Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Roadies how many km do you have so far this summer?

PB Forum :: 29ers
Roadies how many km do you have so far this summer?
Posted: Jul 6, 2010 at 14:21 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.contractortalk.com/attachments/f16/22144d1250251100-sub-contractor-lower-insurance-than-me-thread-crap-wont_die.jpg
THREAD DIG!!!

i'm up to 1500km this spring / summer which is a huge improvement on last years, I've also sorted the bike out a good bit, i'm running look keo max's clipped to specialized elite roads, continental gp400s and after doing loads of training for serracotta fitting, i've found my bars have been 3cm too wide for me for the last year, dropped them down from 42cm to 40cm today and picked up an extra 2mph average on the way home, just from comfort! brilliant! how is everyone else doing?

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 at 15:00 Quote
seems a good place for my first post..
i had a 100mile charity ride the other week(for cancer reasearch and NE air ambulance), pretty hilly too.
we got newspaper coverage and everything!
im not sure on my milage though, id guess its no more than 1000 in the past few months :/

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 at 15:03 Quote
alder93 wrote:
i had a 100mile charity ride the other week(for cancer reasearch and NE air ambulance), pretty hilly too.
congrats Beer

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 at 15:03 Quote
alder93 wrote:
im not sure on my milage though, id guess its no more than 1000 in the past few months :/
good first post! welcome to the roady side of pinkbike! get any good photos from the event?

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 at 15:11 Quote
iv been meaning to get pics on here for a while
il try get some news paper stuff and photos of mine and my brothers bike on here tomorrow.

il not bother with all the sheds and stuff lol
il try decide which of the bikes are worth showing, probs just my kinesis and my brothers blackhawks

Posted: Jul 9, 2010 at 23:31 Quote
I just broke 2000km since the beginning of this year. Over 1500km in the last 4 months, training for, and riding a cancer fund raising ride.
I'm planning to do a century ride (100miles/162km) while I'm still in shape.
Bikes:
Opus Sentiero CX
Opus Stakh III XC
Sorry no photos, will have to get a photo-share account.

Posted: Jul 13, 2010 at 3:59 Quote
I have done 0 this year Eek . Going to check my bike over and do the first this afternoon. Do you guys reckon i should be changing iner tubes or anything like that? Last time the road bike was out was maybe oct cant even remember!

FL
Posted: Jul 13, 2010 at 4:34 Quote
when did summer start? becasue ive done like 400 miles since may

Posted: Jul 13, 2010 at 12:16 Quote
Well thats the first route of the year done. 20 miles on quite a hilly route av 17.5mph. Felt like i was just getting started when i get home so thats a good sign.

Posted: Jul 13, 2010 at 13:03 Quote
Well, I'm an older roadie who got back on a road bike this year after 6 years without, however I wa still riding MTB. This year I'm riding on a Road, DH and XC bike any chance I can get. I'm self employed as a cabinet maker and do some renovations, finding time can be a challenge but I do.

DH/FR = 262.16
XC/AM = 29.70
Road = 439.88

Total = 731.70 km

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2010 at 13:29 Quote
I commute to work every day, year round, on my road bike which is 150km a week plus what ever riding I do on the weekend, usualy another 100km....
This year I have done over 5000km
Lately I have been riding alot more trying to get into shape for the cross season.

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 10:55 Quote
blakel wrote:
asuna wrote:
Man do any of you guys do other sports along with road cycling? I play tennis and road cycle, I'm at 1400KM and My achilles tensions are talking to me. I hope I'm not down for the count the rest of the summer/fall. . . ..
mountainbiking and general gym work any one else?

Mountain biking, gym, running, and soon...squash!

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 at 20:56 Quote
how is 20 km a day, 4 days a week...is this good?
bty i am not a road rider, i just now rid this for work, i am 15 and road ride on a old supercycle storm, i thin this is actuly old mountain bike but to me it feels like a road bike (i DH)
thanks...

Posted: Jul 28, 2010 at 14:53 Quote
I am new to biking, bought my first bike in May. Have put just over 1500 KM on it so far. Bought the bike to train for my first triathlon as well I will be doing a 3 day 5ooKM ride to Ottawa in September. The running and swimming is cutting into my ride time though. lol

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2010 at 20:26 Quote
I bought my Felt F95 May 2009, and so far I've put 3000 miles, or about 4800 km. I commuted to and from campus here in Boulder, and the round trip ride is about 8 miles (12.8 km). I made that trip about 3 times everyday, so 38.4 km every weekday for 9 months. It's nice living farther from campus sometimes. Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018808
Mobile Version of Website