Powered by Outside

Why are the british (England Wales Scotland Northern Ireland) the best in the world?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Why are the british (England Wales Scotland Northern Ireland) the best in the world?
Posted: Sep 6, 2009 at 3:03 Quote
cuz we are the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sep 6, 2009 at 3:23 Quote
http://www.uci.ch/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template3/layout.asp?MenuId=MTUxNjU&LangId=1there briton is in the lead by 700 points therefore the best in then mens but nobod can compete with france in the womens but britans still second

Posted: Sep 6, 2009 at 4:39 Quote
y0Ho wrote:
cuz we are the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Far from it...

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 4:17 Quote
we did alright last year, atherons geting dh mens and womens, peaty and gee close in world cup, rachel taking womens. this year peaty has done well all season, gee is top 5, brendan is riding well, etc. etc...

dont get me wrong, i was delighted for gee and rach last year, and im over the moon for steve now. i was also gutted for sam last year, pleased for minnaar, gutted for hannah this year, pleased for barel...

its about the personalities and the racing for me, love em all! sod national pride, its the sport as a whole that i enjoy.

FL
Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 5:10 Quote
its because of the variety of riding terrain over here. the pros can train on most types of course (from smooth and flowy to steep and techy.) also we have a very good youth program and LOADS of local race series so younger riders can get alot of experiance compared to the nps style series in larger countries (the usa for example) and to people who say its just coz of peaty and the athertons. what about josh bryceland, ruridiah cunningham both of them have been jumior world champions. also brendon fairclough is doing pretty well and so is tracy mosely. we also have the master world champ title but i cant remember the guys name :S

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 6:58 Quote
I think the reason that the Brits are so good is the reason that most people think is the UK's downfall. The lack of big hills and ski lifts. Because we don't have ski lifts, we have to push up. And that means that instead of doing loads of full runs we session parts of tracks and practice on certain things, like off camber sections, switchbacks etc. If there was loads of lift accessed stuff we'd just do full runs all the time and not practice little parts.

We also do a lot of timing, and practice with timing poles etc, I think this is a big reason for our success.

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 7:36 Quote
BSCUK wrote:
A question for everyone. We dont have the biggest of mountain ranges but we are still the best statistically. Is it genetics or the fact that we ride whatever the conditions?

It's probably your humility. That must be it.

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 21:11 Quote
in my opinion australia is by far the best at the moment they may not have won the world champs but they are consistently at the top and they have alot of up and coming talent

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 21:38 Quote
They put steroids in the tea.

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 23:43 Quote
Its the conditions phenomenon. When I lived in Vail, Colorado we had a ton of snowboarders who came from Minnesota who could absolutely rip even though they came from a hill that was no more than 500 feet long from top to bottom with one or two kickers and a few rails but the whole thing was SOLID ICE. So when they came to Vail and got to ride soft snow it was like cake to them. Same thing with British riders who are always riding in the sloppy wet conditions. You don't need epic mountains to be good at DH or snowboarding. Sometimes its a blessing to come from a small "crappy" little hill.

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 3:52 Quote
cos were sick ya foo

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 4:04 Quote
JBat360 wrote:
cos were sick ya foo

You're Welsh, it doesn't apply to you.

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 4:05 Quote
yer it does punk

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 5:58 Quote
JBat360 wrote:
yer it does punk

Nope, sorry to say it, but the rules say it doesn't.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009860
Mobile Version of Website