Powered by Outside

Do you DH for fun or competition?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Do you DH for fun or competition?
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 10:10 Quote
I do it for fun, but Im starting to wanna do it for serious Competition just because it IS SO MUCH ******* FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 10:13 Quote
Both, the fun is IN the competition.
I mean, I ride for fun, but I'm always pushing myself, gotta be faster than the last run, so I'm in competition with myself.
And events add that little extra buzz.

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 10:16 Quote
well living in ontario canada. ontario cup realy doesnt get u anywere. its a fun sport but i dont see the intentions of pushing myself competetivly. i more or less just do it for fun.
i do still push myself but its not influenced as much from other riders.
im sure if their were places to go with biking in ontario, id be getting into it alot more.

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 12:59 Quote
well i do it for fun, i have started racing so im tryin 2 get up ther with the fast guys [not a chance probz]

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 13:07 Quote
mainly for fun because when you take it to serious and you try to win everytime you end up pushing urself to far then falling becuase ur just out of control.
I just hope i dont come last that is my only thing lol

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 17:19 Quote
competiting is tons of fun.
same with just riding.

so both

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 17:24 Quote
Competition is fun when you have experience with it. But for the first time, it's not fun since you have to know what to do, where your doing it, how to do it who's watching you, stressing on winning.

I personally don't have experience with DH competition, but i do have some other competition experience.

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 17:29 Quote
i just ride for fun with my friends.
this year i might race though

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 17:34 Quote
I ride dh for fun.. I jusdt like the feel of behing able to go through some big rock gardens and stuff like that.

I completly understand people racing and doing some competitions, but sometimes, it isn't always fun.

dylanvarkonja wrote:
i just ride for fun with my friends.
this year i might race though

same, except i will definetly race this next season

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 17:35 Quote
charlou61 wrote:
I ride dh for fun.. I jusdt like the feel of behing able to go through some big rock gardens and stuff like that.

Rock gardens are love. Just bomb through them at top speed, you hear some bumps under you, and it feels sooooooo nice.

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 17:43 Quote
i started off racing for some fun and a new mix but once u win one and then win a points series it is kind of addicting and you want to keep winning so it changes from fun to competetion

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 20:01 Quote
those whistles on the race course are just for check points. do NOT stop when u hear the whistle. ahaha

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 20:35 Quote
not old enogh to enter any race in my area this summer but ive been training, i train to race, race to get sponsered and sponsered to have more fun. i race because its fun and im not to good at stunts considering my 26inch legs i can barely throw my legs over most dh bikes but i still race. i aim for speed i only moto whip and table top.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014549
Mobile Version of Website