Powered by Outside

RaceFace purchased by MEC Co-op to become in house brand, LBS gets screwed

PB Forum :: Other
RaceFace purchased by MEC Co-op to become in house brand, LBS gets screwed
Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 9:56 Quote
brentjj wrote:
Whats the big deal? RaceFace will still be available in LBS's through other distributors like Norco, OCG and Jenson will they not? It isn't like RaceFace said peace Lambert, it was Lambert who dropped RF.

NO! RF won't be in LBS' through any distributors! Lambert was their exclusive distributor. And it is exactly like RF said "Peace Lambert". Lambert didn't just drop them, RF violated the terms of their partnership with a complete understanding of the consequences. I didn't start this thread so everyone could debate the distribution shitwerk in Canada. I did it to show my fellow consumers that RF is a big greedy company that doesn't give a rats ASS about you or LBS' in Canada. They just want the money$! In all likelyhood MEC will sell to its members at %10 below normal retail, but RF will be selling to MEC at %50 more than they were selling to Lambert. MEC marks up very little. So RF gets more $$$ in their pockets, MEC gets the brand name on their bikes and consumers who don't shop MEC get screwed, and LBS's get raped.

Do you get it?

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 10:09 Quote
HartofDarkness wrote:
brentjj wrote:
Whats the big deal? RaceFace will still be available in LBS's through other distributors like Norco, OCG and Jenson will they not? It isn't like RaceFace said peace Lambert, it was Lambert who dropped RF.

NO! RF won't be in LBS' through any distributors! Lambert was their exclusive distributor. And it is exactly like RF said "Peace Lambert". Lambert didn't just drop them, RF violated the terms of their partnership with a complete understanding of the consequences. I didn't start this thread so everyone could debate the distribution shitwerk in Canada. I did it to show my fellow consumers that RF is a big greedy company that doesn't give a rats ASS about you or LBS' in Canada. They just want the money$! In all likelyhood MEC will sell to its members at %10 below normal retail, but RF will be selling to MEC at %50 more than they were selling to Lambert. MEC marks up very little. So RF gets more $$$ in their pockets, MEC gets the brand name on their bikes and consumers who don't shop MEC get screwed, and LBS's get raped.

Do you get it?

Nope, go read here what was discovered from a phone call at RF.
http://www.asilvertouch.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6067&pid=40464&st=0&#entry40464

Posted Today, 12:34 PM
Some clarification...

I just got off the phone with RaceFace looking for some clarification. MEC did not purchase RF. MEC will be carrying a couple jerseys and shorts for the upcoming season and will eventually carry the lower end Ryde and Evolve series hardgoods.

In order for your LBS to remain competitive MEC must sell all RF products within 10% of MSRP.

RF will be issuing a press release and details of the changes to the distribution in the next day or two.

Source: www.asilvertouch.com

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 10:46 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
HartofDarkness wrote:
brentjj wrote:

Do you get it?

Nope, go read here what was discovered from a phone call at RF.
http://www.asilvertouch.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6067&pid=40464&st=0&#entry40464

Posted Today, 12:34 PM
Some clarification...

I just got off the phone with RaceFace looking for some clarification. MEC did not purchase RF. MEC will be carrying a couple jerseys and shorts for the upcoming season and will eventually carry the lower end Ryde and Evolve series hardgoods.

In order for your LBS to remain competitive MEC must sell all RF products within 10% of MSRP.

RF will be issuing a press release and details of the changes to the distribution in the next day or two.

Source: www.asilvertouch.com

If any of you believe that RF ditched a distributor that represented their entire product line exclusively to a nation for a chain store that will only be carrying "a couple jerseys and shorts and the lower end Ryde and Evolve series" you are HIGH! Get off the drugs and back on your bikes! RF is not a bunch of retards.... well, maybe they are! It would be a real stupid move to go from dozens of products in hundreds of stores to a couple products in a dozen stores. That is a bad business move, and they did not get where they are today on making bad business moves. They got there on the backs of LBS's that supported them over the years and now are getting sodomized by them!

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 10:53 Quote
Your allowed to beleive what you want on your side of the planet but no need to insult people unless that's how you communicate best.

By the way, Lambert dropped RF not the other way around. Everyone is not even reading or getting actual facts but sure are getting their panties in a twist. It all started with one forum writing that RF was sold and MEC had purchased them. Others wrote that RF dropped Lambert. Gees, get the facts first people.

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 13:13 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
Your allowed to beleive what you want on your side of the planet but no need to insult people unless that's how you communicate best.

By the way, Lambert dropped RF not the other way around. Everyone is not even reading or getting actual facts but sure are getting their panties in a twist. It all started with one forum writing that RF was sold and MEC had purchased them. Others wrote that RF dropped Lambert. Gees, get the facts first people.

facts and the internet rarely go hand in hand.lol

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 13:27 Quote
marquis wrote:
Rigaud wrote:

correction- facts and pinkbike rarely go hand and hand

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 13:30 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
marquis wrote:
Rigaud wrote:

correction- facts and pinkbike rarely go hand and hand

i likes pinkbike so will say some pinkbike users Salute including myself from time to time.

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 13:43 Quote
some pb's no there stuff....most i take with a grain of salt

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 13:46 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:

i have a salt cellar on my pc table.lol

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 14:20 Quote
marquis wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:

Sh*t I got two!

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
marquis wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:

Sh*t I got two!

noted and planned for next time.Salute

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 15:19 Quote
Full story
http://www.canadiancyclist.com/dailynews.php?id=17736

October 23/09 19:25 pm - Lambert Ends Race Face Distribution

Posted by Editor on 10/23/09

Canadian bicycle component distributor Cycles Lambert announced today that it has terminated its Canadian distribution agreement with Race Face, effective immediately.

Race Face recently informed Lambert of its plans to sell its apparel, armour and components to Mountain Equipment CO-OP (MEC). Lambert is very disappointed with the decision Race Face has made in this matter. Due to Race Face's realignment with MEC, Lambert ceased its business relationship with the company.

The importance of specialty retailers for Canadian cyclists is undeniable. Lambert remains firm in its commitment to channels avoiding an every day low price strategy which brings down reasonable market pricing. Lambert will continue to privilege brands that support this same business direction.

Procedure for Apparel
Lambert representatives will contact their Race Face IBD clients over the course of the next few days to confirm whether or not they wish to maintain their Race Face Spring/Summer 2010 apparel Booking orders. If IBD clients wish to maintain their orders, Lambert will ship them as promised. If IBD clients no longer want to carry Race Face apparel, Lambert will cancel their orders.

Procedure for Components
All 2010 Booking orders received so far, including Hot Sheets, Show Special and Spring Booking orders, will be delivered as requested upon product availability. As of Monday, October 26, 2009, IBD clients will no longer be able to place a Booking order of any Race Face products through Lambert. Lambert will accept Season orders until its inventory depletes completely. Finally, please note that Lambert will honour warranties until November 26, 2009.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 15:27 Quote
Wouldn't MEC have to sell the stuff at the same rates that the distributer would sell them at?

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 15:31 Quote
Higher rates if they would want profit. What's the point of selling something without gaining a profit? I'm not talking about used stuff here.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 15:40 Quote
So I guess the only thing that Lambert has a case about, is Race Face going around them and selling directly to a retailer?

While I can understand if that is the case, it just seems so petty of both sides lol.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020734
Mobile Version of Website