Powered by Outside

Help Build My Bike

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Help Build My Bike
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 9:30 Quote
Any X-Type RaceFace, or Hope, or Shimano BB will work.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 21:43 Quote
for the rear wheels you should build a solid set get a nice dependable bub (pref. somthing rebuildable) somthing allong the lines of halo spin masters or a halo supadrive rear and spin doctor front. for wheels go with somthing like an mtx (welded not pinned) a wheel set is a strong priority

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 21:49 Quote
villeneuve wrote:
for the rear wheels you should build a solid set get a nice dependable bub (pref. somthing rebuildable) somthing allong the lines of halo spin masters or a halo supadrive rear and spin doctor front. for wheels go with somthing like an mtx (welded not pinned) a wheel set is a strong priority

Not a fan of Azonic Outlaws?

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 21:53 Quote
not realy not for a fr/dh rim if it was a park bike i would not have a problem with them but for freeride go with what works when ur doing rims. go to www.chainreactioncycles.com and pick out some parts they are verry cheep compaired to retail and some of the parts are the same price as used

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 22:31 Quote
whyted wrote:
villeneuve wrote:

I am. They're great for the price and they're surprisingly reliable.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 22:42 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
whyted wrote:
villeneuve wrote:

I am. They're great for the price and they're surprisingly reliable.

They seem alright, cheap and strong. Weight isn't the biggest issue right now. But Wheel building is kind of intimidating to me. I don't know enough about it to make an informed decision. I've gotten on chain reactions wheel building page before and it really just confuses me.

Anyone know of a rim/hub guide? I don't really want to look up reviews on every option available ya know?

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 22:53 Quote
look up a hub you would like... then a rim that you like... then bring it into a shop and get it laced

a set of spindoctor hubs laced to mxt rims would be about 340.00

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 23:33 Quote
You could go for the PB wheelset - pretty cheap, pretty strong.

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 at 12:36 Quote
get saint cranks and saint brakes aswell and halo freedom or sas rims

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 at 20:29 Quote
Can someone give me the lowdown on saint components? I see all this m810, m815 stuff but I don't know hoe to decipher. Higher numbers mean better part? Or is it different numbers for newer stuff?

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2009 at 21:59 Quote
whyted wrote:
Can someone give me the lowdown on saint components? I see all this m810, m815 stuff but I don't know hoe to decipher. Higher numbers mean better part? Or is it different numbers for newer stuff?

Check it out.

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 at 6:37 Quote
Yeah, I suppose I deserve that...

Let me rephrase, does anyone have an opinion on m800, vs. m810's?

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
New saint cranks vs old
The newer ones are stiffer and tons lighter
But u can get used old ones that are still bombproof for $150

Posted: Feb 17, 2010 at 22:55 Quote
Welp, little update. Got an FSA downhill pig headset, 08 Saint cranks, and New 09 Code 5's.

I'm in the market for a fork and wheels now, planning on a 66 and a set of Azonic Outlaws. Does anyone know how easy it is to rebuild Outlaws?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018923
Mobile Version of Website