West yorkshire area trails

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
West yorkshire area trails
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 10:02 Quote
rob-k wrote:
so you can find the dh is it?
yer its just i no i ride a hartail but people doing apprecaite how much fun you can have on them and what you can achully do on them

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 10:06 Quote
ah rite, well a friend who has been on it before said to me it would be hard on a ht but i guess it just depends on your skill level.

however the dh isn't marked on the forest map you can buy, i'l try give you directions if you want once iv been as i can only vaguely remember the way to get to it as i havent been in a while.

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 12:56 Quote
rob-k wrote:
ah rite, well a friend who has been on it before said to me it would be hard on a ht but i guess it just depends on your skill level.

however the dh isn't marked on the forest map you can buy, i'l try give you directions if you want once iv been as i can only vaguely remember the way to get to it as i havent been in a while.

so is it a known and used trail , because i know that the black route has the odd bit of a downhill in it doesnt it, also i wouldnt say we are the best riders in the world but i am what i would say pretty good on a ht , i will do most things on it

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 13:03 Quote
ask at purple mountain bike shop in the visitor centre, they know where it is

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 13:04 Quote
brownix wrote:

well thats the place what mantains the trails i heard

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 13:23 Quote
it is kinda known as in its official and well built just not marked on the map for some reason so most people ride straight past it

FL
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 13:27 Quote
K-Forbes wrote:
rob-k wrote:

so is it a known and used trail , because i know that the black route has the odd bit of a downhill in it doesnt it, also i wouldnt say we are the best riders in the world but i am what i would say pretty good on a ht , i will do most things on it

The black run has loads of downhill sections in it.

If you do end up going, just park at the visitor centre, ride the red route up to dixons, then ride the full black route from dixons. The rest of the red from dixons isnt worth doing- a lot of its just flat twisty singletrack- apprently the last bit of the red is good, but i've never ridden it.

The black has some awesome balls out as fast as you can go downhill sections- the gulley just after the 'alpine' run from dixons car park, and then the boardwalk that goes into another rocky gulley.

Theres also some tech downhill as well, where the black and red run parellel near the start.

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 14:02 Quote
bigbluebike wrote:
K-Forbes wrote:
rob-k wrote:

The black run has loads of downhill sections in it.

If you do end up going, just park at the visitor centre, ride the red route up to dixons, then ride the full black route from dixons. The rest of the red from dixons isnt worth doing- a lot of its just flat twisty singletrack- apprently the last bit of the red is good, but i've never ridden it.

The black has some awesome balls out as fast as you can go downhill sections- the gulley just after the 'alpine' run from dixons car park, and then the boardwalk that goes into another rocky gulley.

Theres also some tech downhill as well, where the black and red run parellel near the start.

tar thanks for that

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 14:17 Quote
Dalby is good but the red route is rubbish, far too long climbs, and the descents aren't that spectacular. When I go for the XC we do a red/green/black, starting at the bikepark and just loop it around. Keeps my little brothers happy. tup

Anyone else notice the first black decent from the bikepark is alot easier? Also anyone know what they are building at the other side of the road from the black bit?

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 23:24 Quote
K-Forbes wrote:
brownix wrote:

well thats the place what mantains the trails i heard

nah purple mountain dont do the trails, a thing called singletraction do!Beer

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 1:42 Quote
if you're doing the red route just do the riggs and dales part which is the last part, so go up on the blue and red from the visitor centre, leave the red and go up on the blue fireroad, turn right then take the red route from there back down to the visitor centre, that section flows the best and h doesnt have any boring flat single track, lots of berms and stuff.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 7:37 Quote
rob-k wrote:
if you're doing the red route just do the riggs and dales part which is the last part, so go up on the blue and red from the visitor centre, leave the red and go up on the blue fireroad, turn right then take the red route from there back down to the visitor centre, that section flows the best and h doesnt have any boring flat single track, lots of berms and stuff.

which is the best route for downhill apart from the down hill one

FL
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 8:13 Quote
K-Forbes wrote:
rob-k wrote:

the full black route is good, and the first bit of the red from the visitor centre to dixons is good.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 9:43 Quote
bigbluebike wrote:
K-Forbes wrote:
rob-k wrote:

the full black route is good, and the first bit of the red from the visitor centre to dixons is good.

tar look forward to going also is the north shore renowned for being slippy

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 10:05 Quote
mate, you obviously haven't done the full red if you think the best part is from visitor centre to dixons, 90% of that is uphill and the most boring part, the section for 1 or 2 miles after dixons is really good but gets boring but i would deffinately do what i suggested before. if i can find the map i will scan it in and point out where the good bits are if you like!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013255
Mobile Version of Website