Powered by Outside

The Official Neck Brace discussion group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official Neck Brace discussion group
Posted: Nov 1, 2016 at 12:12 Quote
Hi,

anyone using Leatt Fusion 3.0, or had chance to try it.
https://www.google.si/search?q=leatt+fusion+3.0&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=694&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjy-s7XoYjQAhWEhRoKHZ1jARwQ_AUIBigB

There is no mtb review of it on the internet, but some online bike shops are selling it. I emailed to Leatt, and they said they have some mtb users but nothing more.

If you take shoulder caps of it doesn't look bulky anymore and it may be a pretty neat integration of neck+core protection for park/shuttle rides.

Posted: Nov 1, 2016 at 13:40 Quote
You don't need a core protector for MTB, it's mainly for the roost in MX

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 5:29 Quote
As family father with some medical/first aid qualifications, considering my local trails, my try to be fast riding mood, my crashing experiences... I can suffer little discomfort in favour of protecting my vital parts.

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 1:55 Quote
Guarana2th wrote:
Hi,

anyone using Leatt Fusion 3.0, or had chance to try it.
https://www.google.si/search?q=leatt+fusion+3.0&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=694&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjy-s7XoYjQAhWEhRoKHZ1jARwQ_AUIBigB

There is no mtb review of it on the internet, but some online bike shops are selling it. I emailed to Leatt, and they said they have some mtb users but nothing more.

If you take shoulder caps of it doesn't look bulky anymore and it may be a pretty neat integration of neck+core protection for park/shuttle rides.

I know afew people who's kids wear these... and the ones that don't come with the neck brace..

Posted: Nov 12, 2016 at 6:38 Quote
Anyone on the Alpinestars BNS? I'm planning to get one but trying to decide if it's worth spending the extra dollar on the carbon version. Anyone else have one or any opinions/ experience on them?

Posted: Jan 7, 2017 at 8:11 Quote
Giving away my 30mm spacers for the old Leatts for free if anyone in Ireland is going to use them, https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1915008/

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 10:45 Quote
I don't know if this has been asked before, so apologies if it has (it's a long thread). Is there an "expiry date" on Leatt braces? I know some people "play it safe" and replace them every few years, but is there an ACTUAL lifespan for these things? I have an old school MOTO GPX from around 2008.

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 10:06 Quote
Looking to buy a neck brace, and leaning toward the Leatt 5.5 . I see from a prior post that DBX is intended for bikes, while GPX is motorcross. But is there any difference between recent model years of the 5.5 DBX? Leatt's online catalog says the 2017 is new, and some of the padding seems slight different. But I may be able to find a 2015 or 2016 DBX 5.5 for less than the 2017s. It seems there was a model revision in 2014 so I wouldn't go back any farther than 2015 or 2016.

Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 0:12 Quote
ces1965 wrote:
Looking to buy a neck brace, and leaning toward the Leatt 5.5 . I see from a prior post that DBX is intended for bikes, while GPX is motorcross. But is there any difference between recent model years of the 5.5 DBX? Leatt's online catalog says the 2017 is new, and some of the padding seems slight different. But I may be able to find a 2015 or 2016 DBX 5.5 for less than the 2017s. It seems there was a model revision in 2014 so I wouldn't go back any farther than 2015 or 2016.

Different between dbx/gpx is a few mm in padding height, dbx being slightly lower as you need to ride in different positions.
If you can get a good deal on a dbx 5.5 from 2015 go for it.

Posted: Jun 11, 2017 at 7:06 Quote
joshbarragan wrote:
Cheers dagzin, ordered a 5.5 so hopefully it will work well with my rampage.

Hey man, I am looking to buy the dbx 5.5 myself and also have the rampage. Was wondering how it all worked out for you? Thanks

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2017 at 21:19 Quote
Anyone had experience with Leatt DBX vs Atlas air?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012335
Mobile Version of Website