Powered by Outside

DH/4X - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
DH/4X - The Weight Game
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 at 15:29 Quote
hayden4x wrote:
NorCalWannabe wrote:
My snap... you can never have too many pics of your bike

so uuuhhhh why did you randomly post a pic of my 4X bike in here?

Because you had stated a ridiculous weight which I tried to
contextualize. I now realise you were referring to your race BMX, annnnd your post has been deleted. haha.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 1:59 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
And rides likes absolute shit. Guaranteed. Mine is way too light at 31. Adding a dual ply front and going from there.

Wait who has asked you about that before? Humm I wonder.
Yeah light looks cool in pictures and oohh ahhh on paper but I could never ride that out here.
I was getting used to the SXT at 33 but time to start building the Uzzi

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 2:17 Quote
dchill wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
And rides likes absolute shit. Guaranteed. Mine is way too light at 31. Adding a dual ply front and going from there.

Wait who has asked you about that before? Humm I wonder.
Yeah light looks cool in pictures and oohh ahhh on paper but I could never ride that out here.
I was getting used to the SXT at 33 but time to start building the Uzzi
Report back after riding it. Thinking about swapping a new one in for my old one, but wondering if maybe I should try something completely different.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 3:40 Quote
Stoked to see the weight of this..

photo

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 4:05 Quote
HardingO wrote:

photo

shit bike

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 5:49 Quote
hobbnobs wrote:
HardingO wrote:

photo

shit bike

Looks better than a V10c IMO

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 6:01 Quote
fantaman wrote:
hobbnobs wrote:
HardingO wrote:

photo

shit bike

Looks better than a V10c IMO

I know its sexy as hell but because i just got my bike i have to make my self hate it haha

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 6:03 Quote
The seattower looks like an after thought.......

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 6:12 Quote
christiaan wrote:
The seattower looks like an after thought.......

Agreed. The seat area looks the worst, everything else is very nice.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 6:15 Quote
@whattheheel
IMO, saying a bike is too light is pretty vague and wrong. The ideal setup would be to have as light as possible wheels and all the weight or however much desired weight at the center of the frame (near/in front of the bb). For example, investing in nicer wheels is way more important than investing in some fancy crank or shock.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 6:17 Quote
Trust me, there is a thing as too light. My V10 was 13.45kg at one point, so about 29.65lbs or something, it was too light, and unstable in the air, on rough terrain

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 6:19 Quote
christiaan wrote:
Trust me, there is a thing as too light. My V10 was 13.45kg at one point, so about 29.65lbs or something, it was too light, and unstable in the air, on rough terrain

I agree with you, but what I was trying to say is that too light of parts in the wheel areas is impossible compared to too light at the center of the frame is very possible (for example, your v10 probably)

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 6:19 Quote
christiaan wrote:

This. Light bikes just don't track like a mid 30's bike does. Can also get taken by the wind if there's any wind or anything.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 6:40 Quote
ktmmxrider wrote:
christiaan wrote:

This. Light bikes just don't track like a mid 30's bike does. Can also get taken by the wind if there's any wind or anything.

surely body strength has a fair bit do do with how a bike holds a line through the rough.
but i do agree with you about bikes being too light.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 6:42 Quote
When you're trying to stay loose through a rough section, sure muscles will help you track the front end but the back end will always be skittish, even with a properly tuned shock.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028672
Mobile Version of Website