Powered by Outside

Trail building competition - No more Entries

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Trail building competition - No more Entries
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 10:52 Quote
You need a f*ckin' tamper, eh?

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 11:03 Quote
Yes Frown I'm gonna have a look around a scrap yard tomorrow too get a reasonable sized and weighted metal plate or two. I want to make (I can't stand spending £20 on a slab of metal on a wooden post...) a few of them and gather a few folk together to walk the length of the trail tamp-tampin' away. Saves me walking up and down it a couple times Razz , eh?

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 11:05 Quote
I would just buy the tamper. You can also sell it to a buddy who is making a trail after you finish yours and make some money back.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 11:14 Quote
I will probably just keep my tools up on the trail after this one is done. Maintenance and what not

I will just get my friends to buy me another one for the other hill we work on, because I'm the only one around here who takes the time to make proper trails. The rest of them are toothpick slatting, rotten wood berming, non armouring n00bs who couldn't tell you what a stringer is...

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 11:23 Quote
"Do you know what a stringer is?" "Uhhhh, a person who ties shit together?" I have a few friends like that too lol

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 11:36 Quote
I could educate them in the ways of the tree, but they wouldn't listen Razz

I need to find someone equally as enthusiastic as me...

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 11:40 Quote
Everyone wants to ride and not build Mad

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
To be honest, these days I'm more into building. Mainly because I have got bored to shit with the local trails. So what do I do? Make my own Smile

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 14:15 Quote
Ahaha, It's ok, e-love will be enough for us for the moment Razz

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 4:40 Quote
I fooking love building just as much as riding, Its just about the most satisfying thing in the world to have built a trail, then to ride it and feel it flow. I am waaay to enthusiastic about trail building, fully qualified with a chainsaw, know my shit about construction of northshore, jumps, berms, though don't know 'tech' terms. Seriously, wtf is a stringer??

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 6:52 Quote
antichavmilitia wrote:
I fooking love building just as much as riding, Its just about the most satisfying thing in the world to have built a trail, then to ride it and feel it flow. I am waaay to enthusiastic about trail building, fully qualified with a chainsaw, know my shit about construction of northshore, jumps, berms, though don't know 'tech' terms. Seriously, wtf is a stringer??
The enthusiasm is great. i think it is good to hear you are enjoying building and developing your trail as well as your riding skills. i think technical terms for things are words for the les active. Go out and build let the work do the talking.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 8:37 Quote
antichavmilitia wrote:
a stringer is the 2 poles that are under the slats of a boardwalk

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 19:14 Quote
Update on my blog

It's rained a bit but I got most of the berm done.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020836
Mobile Version of Website