Powered by Outside

Sexiest DH bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest DH bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Nov 7, 2023 at 13:03 Quote
Love the front page drooling over Intense M1s on the post for the V-10. Have at it buds, leave the better bikes for the rest of us lol

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 7:39 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Love the front page drooling over Intense M1s on the post for the V-10. Have at it buds, leave the better bikes for the rest of us lol

Yeah that baffles me. V-10 is way better looking and seems to be so well refined. Not in the same category to me.

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 8:05 Quote
Ive always been a big fan of intense but the new m1 is not a good looking bike in my oppinion. new V10 is hands down the better looking bike

Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 8:32 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Yeah that baffles me. V-10 is way better looking and seems to be so well refined. Not in the same category to me.

I love the v10 way more as well, switched from intense to SC after the m9, and never looked back, but the alu m1 is def a big step in the right direction from the ugly ass m29 frame

Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 8:50 Quote
I do like both, but the v10 is more appealing. Haven’t been on a dedicated DH bike in a couple of years now, mainly because long travel enduro bikes have gotten so good, and bike parks have gotten smoother and built with flow and speed in mind, as opposed to raw natural gnar from years ago.

Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 8:53 Quote
That's kinda where I'm at. Wifey says I can build one bike over winter/into spring. A lot of me wants to springs for a Megatower/V-10, even if I'll only ride if a few times a year, but a real XC whip would be nice too...

We can grab Specialized, Scott, SC or Intense for a DH frame here. I'd lean on the V-10 every time.

Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 9:04 Quote
sherbet wrote:
That's kinda where I'm at. Wifey says I can build one bike over winter/into spring. A lot of me wants to springs for a Megatower/V-10, even if I'll only ride if a few times a year, but a real XC whip would be nice too...

We can grab Specialized, Scott, SC or Intense for a DH frame here. I'd lean on the V-10 every time.

Personally, I'd go for the Mega. I love mine. You can still pedal up and ride trails, where the v10 is dedicated to lifts only. The Mega is super versatile and climbs well enough and descends great as well. But nothing beats a true Dh rig with a dual crown fork. Gives me superhero vibes and confidence. I also had 3 older versions of v10s and they were great, but you need to ride at mach chicken for them to feel at home. I'm not fast enough to truly push a v10, or a megatower to be honest. But I look good while going slow and burning brake pads!

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 9:15 Quote
I’m going to have to disagree. I think the new M1 looks badass! Definitely one of the best looking new DH frames. The new V10 looks good too, just not as good to me.

Mod
Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 9:17 Quote
Banshee legend
for forum
paul aston/rulezman custom mullet legend
for forum

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 9:37 Quote
Although if I was going to buy a new DH frame I think I’d get Neko’s new frame. It’s pricey, but he has obviously put in a lot of work to get it right and I’m sure it would be a ripper!

Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 9:44 Quote
$4500 for an aluminum frame seems absurd to me. Blank Stare

Looks nice though, and Frank the Welder is an awesome dude! Used to see him all the time at my local mountains when the original Sinister frames were being made/sold. But $4k+ for a non carbon frame...sheesh.

Mod
Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 9:45 Quote
id rather have a pimp alu bike than a carbon one, at least for dh

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 9:59 Quote
Regarding Neko’s new frame, the price does seem ridiculous, but when you consider the amount of work that has gone into the development, from kinematics to reliability to easiness to work on and adjustability and the fact that it’s designed for the amateur racers, developed by a racer and built by a legend, it seems more reasonable. Still crazy, but understandable. I think the new M1 would be my second choice. Here is a good interview vid with Gwyn’s mechanic John Hall about the new M1.

Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 9:59 Quote
The only benefit of alloy is the price.

Gorgeous frame though.

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 12:23 Quote
I absolutely love my Canfield Jedi and plan on having it for at least a few more years but if I was going to get something different the Atherton is currently at the top of the list for me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035591
Mobile Version of Website