Powered by Outside

What part(s) do you break the most?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What part(s) do you break the most?
Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 10:33 Quote
sie7e wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:
sie7e wrote:
well doctors can over react at times. i'll buy a neck brace too, dont want to break anything unreplaceable (sp?)
but is weird, my bikes last a lot and i rarely brak anything haha fro example grips, they last for ever and i hate that cuz i always want new one but feel bad about changing something i dont need haha (just keeping thread on track)

I know but I just have that little fear that it could happen BUT I don't have the money for one...
neither do i, but i'm talking my parents over. i guess its an investment that is worth it.

Definitely worth it, my parents don't want to see me on a bike really so its kinda touchy subject now with current times...

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 13:42 Quote
cannondale4567 wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
Why does everyone brake deraileur hangers?

Because they don't know when they hear that CRUNCHING sound it means something is stuck in the derailleur....they keep pedaling and rip off the derailleur and hanger. Its operator error. I've been riding for 13 years and have only broken ONE hanger. There is no reason to break that part a lot.
they are designed to break before the derailluer does. So you dont break the der. Casing a jump can snap your hanger. i think ive broke 3 in about 13 yrs.

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 13:52 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
cannondale4567 wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
Why does everyone brake deraileur hangers?

Because they don't know when they hear that CRUNCHING sound it means something is stuck in the derailleur....they keep pedaling and rip off the derailleur and hanger. Its operator error. I've been riding for 13 years and have only broken ONE hanger. There is no reason to break that part a lot.
they are designed to break before the derailluer does. So you dont break the der. Casing a jump can snap your hanger. i think ive broke 3 in about 13 yrs.

Yes, I realize what they are designed for, thanks.

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 13:58 Quote
your welcome great attitude

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 17:07 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
your welcome great attitude

Yeah, I'm known for that.

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 17:19 Quote
derailleur and cable housing break all the time, but mostly the cable housing soo annoying.

Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 2:45 Quote
so far my wrist lol

Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 2:58 Quote
dereileurs. spokes, rims,

Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 3:03 Quote
AWESOME!! A few days ago I found cracks in the paint around the headtube of my 2009 P3, which means that the metal is going to start cracking soon. That will be the third frame that I have cracked/broken.

Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 20:12 Quote
well today it was bending rear wheel, scratching bars and stem to hell haha and alittle on the frame and on top of that my rear derailuer crapped out

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 10:28 Quote
mtbdarren318 wrote:
AWESOME!! A few days ago I found cracks in the paint around the headtube of my 2009 P3, which means that the metal is going to start cracking soon. That will be the third frame that I have cracked/broken.

WARRANTY!!! lmao may i suggest u stay away from alum frames in future? lol

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 10:31 Quote
rims and frames and brakes.

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 10:58 Quote
hub axles. i've been through 3 on the back with qr. now i hav just a solid bolted one Smile nd i hope it wont go anytime soon

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 11:02 Quote
theo-sx-boy wrote:
hub axles. i've been through 3 on the back with qr. now i hav just a solid bolted one Smile nd i hope it wont go anytime soon

I've bent so many qr axles its not even funny. Next bike is going to have hubs that bolt on.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010103
Mobile Version of Website