Powered by Outside

Post your race Bmx!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Post your race Bmx!
Posted: May 21, 2013 at 3:08 Quote
Dialled-for-life wrote:
New video just been finished! This pump track was built by a small group of people with the majority of the work being done by my brother, dad and me. After many, many long tiring days of digging over mainly the last winter, it is done! (for now). Hope you guys like it
Views: 3,066    Faves: 31    Comments: 6

Wow! Just wow... Eek

Posted: May 21, 2013 at 11:47 Quote
That is just amazing, great work

Posted: May 21, 2013 at 13:05 Quote
Hey guys, I looking at freewheels for my next wheel build and can't decide between the ACS Crossfire Pro or GT Ratchet. I'm trying to find the smoothest rolling F/W with the less amount of drag. Everyone says White Industries, but I can't shell out the $75 on one at the moment. Any suggestions?

Posted: May 21, 2013 at 16:24 Quote
GT for sure. ACS is shit unless your 90 pounds soaking wet.

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 10:18 Quote
I know the old ACS freewheels suck, but the fact that the new Crossfire Pro is sealed kinda grabs my attentions. The hard part about asking advice on good freewheels is that most the people who run them are boners and the ones that aren't (Willers) run the White Industries.
I am having GramLite build me up a pair of 20mm hubs and he told me the new ACS is solid, but I have heard different stories.

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 10:36 Quote
I wouldn't touch the ACS... Just go for the GT.

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 11:14 Quote
The GT ratchet is a complete piece of garbage,I would not use it even if I got it free.

Save your money and get the white industries freewheel.

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 15:45 Quote
I'm almost 100% sure it's better than some Cassette hubs, bud.

We had a few when I worked in the shop and they were up there in quality and we sold more of them than we did the ACS slop.

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 15:45 Quote
I'm almost 100% sure it's better than some Cassette hubs, bud.

We had a few when I worked in the shop and they were up there in quality and we sold more of them than we did the ACS slop.

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 16:09 Quote
I'm looking to buy a new frame. I'm thinking of getting a chase or gt frame. Any ideas or recommendations as to what frame I should buy?

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 16:11 Quote
grahamspero wrote:
I'm looking to buy a new frame. I'm thinking of getting a chase or gt frame. Any ideas or recommendations as to what frame I should buy?
How tall are you?

How much do you weigh?

Do you like a longer back end ?

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 17:49 Quote
5'10" honestly not sure about weight probably around 150 give or take. Not fat if that helps. Not really sure, ive been riding a redline flight pro xl

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 20:33 Quote
You'd be fine with either a GT or Chase. Personally I'd try a XXL. I'm in and around the same height and XXL fits perfectly.

The Gt has a little bit of flex to it around the bb area, whereas the Chase is built like a brick shit house.

The gt will give you a better feel but the chase will give you more power transfer.

Really the best suggestion is to try and find a demo bike somewhere and take it for a ride.

Posted: May 23, 2013 at 11:35 Quote
In ottawa there is a sponsor that provides yess bmx frames. What is your opinion on yess bmx frames?

Posted: May 23, 2013 at 11:54 Quote
lol

Don't ask me what I really think.

The geometry is gross. All they worry about is having a stiff frame. You can get good geometry and stiffness out of a Chase.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018263
Mobile Version of Website