Powered by Outside

2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 16:55 Quote
Mityan wrote:
if you have a coil Fox40 fork (2016-2018 yrs) you can drop off about 410 grams if change coil spring assemble to air.
numbers of parts you need to order from Fox dealer
820-02-520 Kit
234-04-726 4 pieces(stock) or more for more progressiveness
820-05-347 Kit

Kashima or not? Price?

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 18:15 Quote
The bottom was the same diameter and no problem but I had to get custom hardware made for the top because the Ohlins had a slightly bigger diameter (it was off a Demo 8 ii 2015). It has been mint and I am loving it.
vladutz8417 wrote:
Dude, how did you fit the Ohlins in Glory frame ? I tried to do the same but the bottom bolt diameter it s bigger the the shock hole. I`m curios how did you do it, because I don`t think of a way. My only logical solution it s to sell the shock.

CraigdP2016 wrote:
Has anyone else run a Ohlins on a Giant Glory? I am running the same spring as on the Demo 8 and its seems good.
Any feedback would be great.
photo

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 at 14:26 Quote
Thanks man, I searched over the internet and found that I need an custom Andreani bushing. I will remain with my Fox and sell the Ohlins.

[Quote="CraigdP2016"]The bottom was the same diameter and no problem but I had to get custom hardware made for the top because the Ohlins had a slightly bigger diameter (it was off a Demo 8 ii 2015). It has been mint and I am loving it.
[Quote="vladutz8417"]Dude, how did you fit the Ohlins in Glory frame ? I tried to do the same but the bottom bolt diameter it s bigger the the shock hole. I`m curios how did you do it, because I don`t think of a way. My only logical solution it s to sell the shock.

[Quote="CraigdP2016"]Has anyone else run a Ohlins on a Giant Glory? I am running the same spring as on the Demo 8 and its seems good.
Any feedback would be great.

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 4:27 Quote
Hi does anyone know where I can but the intergrated fork bumper/cable guides from for the frame. I have just bought a brand new glory and it's arrived without them. The shop can get them for me from giant but it's a 8 week wait and I wouldn't mind some before then. Thanks

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 6:03 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
Hi does anyone know where I can but the intergrated fork bumper/cable guides from for the frame. I have just bought a brand new glory and it's arrived without them. The shop can get them for me from giant but it's a 8 week wait and I wouldn't mind some before then. Thanks

i got mine off ebay

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 10:17 Quote
andydhteam wrote:
Reignrob wrote:

i got mine off ebay
hi mate I have had a look and had no joy so far Frown I will just have to keep looking.

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 17:47 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
andydhteam wrote:
Reignrob wrote:

i got mine off ebay
hi mate I have had a look and had no joy so far Frown I will just have to keep looking.

i think i got the last set sorry dude..

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 5:46 Quote
What about getting some regular fork bumpers for now while you wait? At least you can run it in the meantime.

Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 16:07 Quote
I bought 2 new sets of frame bumpers from Giant, and they broke while installing them. Very bad rubber I think. The original ones lasted 1 year at least. I will buy some regular fork bumpers.

Abacall wrote:
What about getting some regular fork bumpers for now while you wait? At least you can run it in the meantime.

Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 23:54 Quote
vladutz8417 wrote:
I bought 2 new sets of frame bumpers from Giant, and they broke while installing them. Very bad rubber I think. The original ones lasted 1 year at least. I will buy some regular fork bumpers.

Abacall wrote:
mine arrived in the post yesterday nice and early. I had the exact same problem. Both the bumpers split round the bolts soon as I turned bars. Very poor rubber. I have resorted to putting the fox 40 bumpers on the forks and using cable ties to fix the cables to the fork crowns.

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 2:22 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
vladutz8417 wrote:

Abacall wrote:
mine arrived in the post yesterday nice and early. I had the exact same problem. Both the bumpers split round the bolts soon as I turned bars. Very poor rubber. I have resorted to putting the fox 40 bumpers on the forks and using cable ties to fix the cables to the fork crowns.

same thing happened to me used em and broke straight away!!

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 12:56 Quote
same thing happened to me used em and broke straight away!![/Quote] glad it's not just me then Smile hi can anyone recommend a spring rate for a rider that weighs about 185 pounds fully kitted. The 350 spring that comes as standard on the dhx2 feels way to soft. Cheers

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 13:54 Quote
photo
i weigh 78kgs and im using a 450p SAR spring on my glory.. best thing i ever did, that with a custom tune and it rides amazing

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 14:00 Quote
Anyone interested in a used minty fresh 2017 Glory 2 - Large, check my stuff for sale. Durable feeling, fast and well balanced bike.

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 14:11 Quote
andydhteam wrote:
photo
i weigh 78kgs and im using a 450p SAR spring on my glory.. best thing i ever did, that with a custom tune and it rides amazing
awesome looking machine mate and thanks that helps me out alot. Does anyone know the shock stroke on the dhx2 that's comes standard on the 18 advanced 1. Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029061
Mobile Version of Website