Powered by Outside

Are there any 40 plus old guys out there that still love dirt jumping & park riding?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Are there any 40 plus old guys out there that still love dirt jumping & park riding?
Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 15:40 Quote
lol yeah no way in hell am I as good as some of the younger set. But you got to love the props you get and the kids saying " I wish my dad was that cool " haha

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 17:51 Quote
Caezar wrote:
lol yeah no way in hell am I as good as some of the younger set. But you got to love the props you get and the kids saying " I wish my dad was that cool " haha
lol lol lol lol lol lol

Yeah man, at 43 I like to keep my hands on the bars and my feet planted on the pedals, but these younger riders love to unleash it all...lol

At our local trail, their is always three generations of riders shredding together on the DJ's, hucking drops, and everything and anything in between. We had a big cookout and sesh this past Sunday, and it was awesome to see a diverse age group shredding together and training the drops & DJ's.

But yeah man, it is sweet to hear the younger generation giving props to us older generation, and even aging us one for a challenge or old schooling...lol lol lol

I ride with my 13 year old son, and he is getting better than most I ride with. He is hucking 15' plus drops and shredding whatever he can shred on dirt. Beer

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 at 20:02 Quote
Not bad for 47 riding a 2011 Knolly Podium on A-Line Whistler BC
I just turned 48 this was in Whistler last summer on a-line riding a 2011 Knolly podium.i picked up my 2012 specialized demo 8 2 and all ready for another season.

Posted: Feb 2, 2012 at 6:46 Quote
The Fids hes now 42 and still a sick bmx dirt rider Big Grin

Posted: Feb 2, 2012 at 9:37 Quote
lawrence-s wrote:
The Fids hes now 42 and still a sick bmx dirt rider Big Grin
Nice cheers to the old guys!!

Posted: Feb 20, 2012 at 21:57 Quote
I'm 33 and i ride everyday. i live in miami and unlike all other cities downtown miami is a ghost town after 6pm unless the heat play at home. every night i jump on my bike and charge around the city, with no insurance and a newborn at home i don't get too crazy but i have tons of fun jumping down stairs and bunnyhopping over bums laid out across the sidewalks.

Posted: Feb 21, 2012 at 4:14 Quote
maxx305 wrote:
I'm 33 and i ride everyday. i live in miami and unlike all other cities downtown miami is a ghost town after 6pm unless the heat play at home. every night i jump on my bike and charge around the city, with no insurance and a newborn at home i don't get too crazy but i have tons of fun jumping down stairs and bunnyhopping over bums laid out across the sidewalks.
Too funny bro!!!! I am like 175 miles north of ya in the Melbourne/Palm Bay area, but yeah man, the urban scene (riding that is) is still something I still do. I mean, just look at my avatar....LOL.

I like to shred in DTO (downtown Orlando), but the cops are pricks up that way, but there is soooo much to have fun on. We have one stair ride that is five story's high with gaps to huck every floor level. It's seeeeeeet, especially dodging the security....LOL.

Have you rode Markham Park yet? That place is just sick bro!

Posted: Feb 21, 2012 at 14:59 Quote
nope I have n

ot been to markham but there is a cool little pump track in the key biscayne mtb trails. I go there and hit a couple of the tabletops its pure gravel and the last time I rode it I took a mega spill it was over a month ago and still feel it on a deep breath

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 18:11 Quote
ChiliPepper1 wrote:
maxx305 wrote:
Too funny bro!!!! I am like 175 miles north of ya in the Melbourne/Palm Bay area, but yeah man, the urban scene (riding that is) is still something I still do. I mean, just look at my avatar....LOL.

I like to shred in DTO (downtown Orlando), but the cops are pricks up that way, but there is soooo much to have fun on. We have one stair ride that is five story's high with gaps to huck every floor level. It's seeeeeeet, especially dodging the security....LOL.

Have you rode Markham Park yet? That place is just sick bro!

I was in Miami last year getting on a Cruise (LOL!); but I just kept thinking that the whole Port area is like a playground! And yeah, ChiliPepper, it WAS deserted! Lucky!

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 23:14 Quote
45 here and love riding my 24" or Jackal!

Posted: May 2, 2012 at 7:21 Quote
Ballzz wrote:

Funny you say that. Might be pulling the trigger on a 24" Contraband in the next day or two! Too fun. Bikes seem to be my mid life crisis.
I guess there are worse things....

O+
Posted: May 2, 2012 at 11:54 Quote
bikenbanjo wrote:
Ballzz wrote:

Funny you say that. Might be pulling the trigger on a 24" Contraband in the next day or two! Too fun. Bikes seem to be my mid life crisis.
do it 24 is great for the parks soo fun. 39 and the spark is my new addiction.

Posted: May 2, 2012 at 15:54 Quote
stevil-1 wrote:
bikenbanjo wrote:
Ballzz wrote:

do it 24 is great for the parks soo fun. 39 and the spark is my new addiction.
+1 but a capital in the place of the spark Razz 24's are soo much fun.

Posted: May 2, 2012 at 16:00 Quote
You two are killin' me. I've wanted a 24" since I saw my first GT cruiser. Trying to make a deal for a frame right now....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.496527
Mobile Version of Website