Powered by Outside

Trail building competition - No more Entries

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Trail building competition - No more Entries
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 11:46 Quote
Only 4weeks of competition left ladies, everything should be in place and organised just a case of digging

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 11:48 Quote
I did update mine but I haven't done much, and yeh more time would be good especially if we have to have a video of the trail being riden cause I don't think mine will me ridable by the end of the month.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 11:57 Quote
yes, more time would be appreciated
the snow a few weeks ago really halted any work for me

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:02 Quote
mac-on-the-mob wrote:
Only 4weeks of competition left ladies, everything should be in place and organised just a case of digging

i'm not finishing on time... i got exams, school from 8:30 to 18:15... aint happening... on the weekends i just want to ride... Frown

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:10 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
mac-on-the-mob wrote:

i'm not finishing on time... i got exams, school from 8:30 to 18:15... aint happening... on the weekends i just want to ride... Frown

same, my teachers are giving us a load of revision and stuff... so the weekend is the only time i get to ride Thumbs Down

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:10 Quote
Yeah, the time has flown lol. An extension 'til... June? July? What are people happy with?

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:12 Quote
i was thinking about that, coz like in the summer we dont have school... i am off it for 3 straight months

in england though you get those off weeks all the time right?

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:12 Quote
July would be good
because GCSEs and other exams really get in the way of june
then hopefully there will be a more level playing field in terms of the finished trails

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:14 Quote
After the easter holidays would be a good extension. Not much going on at our trails recently, the weather has been too good and too dry to waste it building Wink

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:17 Quote
Im revising may, then in june exams and holiday, so I would prefer either end of april deadline or end of july.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:19 Quote
July it is, I'll change it now. No excuses in July though Wink

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:20 Quote
July would be great, because as you may have noticed ive done nothing, because Its too dry to build right now in summer, so if it extended until like June/July, it will be great because at least I will get rain and be able to build.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 12:41 Quote
fooox wrote:
After the easter holidays would be a good extension. Not much going on at our trails recently, the weather has been too good and too dry to waste it building Wink

Ahem, correction, to dry for you to waste it on building... lolWink

We've got about 2/3 of the track rideable now, Its currently raining a lot here so hopefully bedding in the new 'pussy route' around the first jump, and the rock garden area. I have a few pictures to put up soon so will post an update on the blog when I do. Currently there are two jumps that possibly need a little restoring and after them we just need to cut the track for another 300 odd yards to the bottom and to put in two berms a jump, and a hip on that! So we're doing pretty good at the moment, just need to sort us all getting up there at once! Check out the blog at the mo to see how we're going, I'm also currently working on a couple of the 'side on' images to go on it soon! Beer cheers olly

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 14:24 Quote
July will be good. I could at a push get the bottom section of my trail done within the four weeks. But that would involve camping on the hill from Friday night through to Sunday evening for four consecutive weekends.

No thanks.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 17:15 Quote
I just got 10 more inches of snow. I also have nothing to strip the bark off the logs with, and I need a new saw chain. The ground need to thaw more too. No way I am going to be done in a month.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008764
Mobile Version of Website