Pinkbike stereotypes - plz read the OP

PB Forum :: Other
Pinkbike stereotypes - plz read the OP
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 15:42 Quote
pcdog wrote:
Brand - Deity
Product - White bars and stem
Stereotype - the best product ever made

I know I have deity, but I got them before anyone in my town and love the feel, but they are so damn heavy

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
bikerkid13 wrote:
pcdog wrote:
Brand - Deity
Product - White bars and stem
Stereotype - the best product ever made

I know I have deity, but I got them before anyone in my town and love the feel, but they are so damn heavy
umm, no? haha
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.sicklines.com/gallery/data/529/deity_dirty_30_handlebars.jpg

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 0:16 Quote
typx wrote:
erik74 wrote:
rocklegacy wrote:
Oh yeah- on Stereotypes; Does anyone know why Stereoptypes exist? Because 95% of the time, they are true.
bigquotes A stereotype is a preconceived idea that attributes certain characteristics (in general) to all the members of class or set. The term is often used with a negative connotation when referring to an oversimplified, exaggerated, or demeaning assumption that a particular individual possesses the characteristics associated with the class due to his or her membership in it.

if a stereotype is true, it isn't a stereotype, its a fact.

more 87 year old punks trying to be smart Rolleyes

Well played, in the real world (not bikes) stereotypes are dangerous and can cause a lot of hurt.
bikes are the real world my friend.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 0:28 Quote
jpv2008 wrote:
How bout the fact that everyone thinks if you're undr 15 you know nothing.
god being under 15 my self i can definatly say that i dont know nothing(if that makes sense) and it really pisses me(im sure others as well)off when people are like ur13 noob u dont know anything

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 0:31 Quote
dellow wrote:
jpv2008 wrote:
god being under 15 my self i can definatly say that i dont know nothing(if that makes sense) and it really pisses me(im sure others as well)off when people are like ur13 noob u dont know anything
to be honest there is so much about riding and components, also they normally try to act like they are a know so much about being a mechanic. the one thing that pisses me off about 16 and unders is the hole "that bike is crap" when they own an even worse bike, not saying that older people arent like this also, but younger riders do it way more. in a few years they will be the same way as the older crew on here

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 0:33 Quote
Gpa970 wrote:
dellow wrote:
jpv2008 wrote:
to be honest there is so much about riding and components, also they normally try to act like they are a know so much about being a mechanic. the one thing that pisses me off about 16 and unders is the hole "that bike is crap" when they own an even worse bike, not saying that older people arent like this also, but younger riders do it way more. in a few years they will be the same way as the older crew on here
yes that is true alot of kids go on here posting sh*t and make the rest of us look bad

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 0:34 Quote
dellow wrote:
Gpa970 wrote:
dellow wrote:

yes that is true alot of kids go on here posting sh*t and make the rest of us look bad
to be honest just going to ur profile and looking at ur frame designs i wonder if u even know what ur talking about.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 0:42 Quote
Gpa970 wrote:
dellow wrote:
Gpa970 wrote:

to be honest just going to ur profile and looking at ur frame designs i wonder if u even know what ur talking about.
why becuase im not a frame designer i do stuff when im bored and just see what would happend if it was made by asking

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 0:53 Quote
instead of turning this into a 20 page essay, lets keep it small if u want my to explain frame ideas to u i can. if u are really interested in building frames and designing them and understanding how they work there is a program for that, also i say that about ur designs because why take a picture of a bike and change where the shock is to the completely worst spot ever

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 0:55 Quote
Gpa970 wrote:
instead of turning this into a 20 page essay, lets keep it small if u want my to explain frame ideas to u i can. if u are really interested in building frames and designing them and understanding how they work there is a program for that, also i say that about ur designs because why take a picture of a bike and change where the shock is to the completely worst spot ever
becuase i had not the slightest clue that it was the worst spot becuase i dont design frame for purpose i was just bored but there no point in fighting about it so w.e.
i dont know what im doin in frames and ill admit that so ya...peaceSalute

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 0:57 Quote
dellow wrote:
Gpa970 wrote:
becuase i had not the slightest clue that it was the worst spot becuase i dont design frame for purpose i was just bored but there no point in fighting about it so w.e.
see its funny u just contradicted ur self u said u know stuff and now u are talking about how u dont know frame designs but u still choose to put ur thoughts about it on pb.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 1:00 Quote
Gpa970 wrote:
dellow wrote:
Gpa970 wrote:
see its funny u just contradicted ur self u said u know stuff and now u are talking about how u dont know frame designs but u still choose to put ur thoughts about it on pb.
yes but i was talking about bikes and stuff about them but once u get into designing a bike PROPERLY it takes alot of skill and knowledge of that stuff that i dont think a 12yr old as my self would have

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 3:25 Quote
At least with this guys stupidity, you have to go looking for it and he doesn't seem to be heading into threads with things like that frame design!

That's what pisses me off most when PB user (typically the younger ones) tell you your opinion is wrong, when they a)don't know what they're talking about and b)probably haven't done/ridden what your talking!

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
dellow wrote:
Gpa970 wrote:
dellow wrote:

yes but i was talking about bikes and stuff about them but once u get into designing a bike PROPERLY it takes alot of skill and knowledge of that stuff that i dont think a 12yr old as my self would have
Man reading all that stuff is a chore.
Sterotype:Most PB users dont read the forum guidelines.
I'd say for alot of younger users,yes.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 6:16 Quote
Gpa970 wrote:
dellow wrote:
Gpa970 wrote:

Honestly, how much longer would it really take to write "you" instead of "u," because I think that it wouldn't take too long.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011395
Mobile Version of Website