Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

The Official Beer Thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Official Beer Thread
Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 17:17 Quote
kev211 wrote:
Axxe wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
What is it with all the ipa's? I love a good amber ale or a bitter and don't really like ipa's, oh and stout, I really like a good stout.

It is a hipster thing, you would not understand.

Will go chug an organic IPA and scoff at people around.

Everyone always says its a hipster thing but I am most definitely not a hipster haha. I hate macs/I phones, Starbucks, and skinny jeans so I'm not the best hipster.

I just love the bitter piney flavors IPAs give. I actually prefer double and triple IPAs tbh

You pretty much defined what's hipster right now. It's cool to like all the non huge things. Drink from smaller coffee shops. Drink retarded expensive drinks from hippy stores, cold brew coffee and that nasty rotten fruit tasting crap.

Etc.

Sucks... pretty much my whole life is being picked up by a bunch of dip shits from san francisco and turned in to a fad. I had to shave my damned beard off.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 17:55 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
kev211 wrote:
Axxe wrote:

Everyone always says its a hipster thing but I am most definitely not a hipster haha. I hate macs/I phones, Starbucks, and skinny jeans so I'm not the best hipster.

I just love the bitter piney flavors IPAs give. I actually prefer double and triple IPAs tbh

You pretty much defined what's hipster right now. It's cool to like all the non huge things. Drink from smaller coffee shops. Drink retarded expensive drinks from hippy stores, cold brew coffee and that nasty rotten fruit tasting crap.

Etc.

Sucks... pretty much my whole life is being picked up by a bunch of dip shits from san francisco and turned in to a fad. I had to shave my damned beard off.

Ya, see I just put on my slacks, go to the office, work, come home and have an IPA. I drink coffee from a keurig (Nome of those froo froo drinks) and my dislike for apple comes from my love for android. That's all. I just like IPAs cuz theyre tasty.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 19:36 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
kev211 wrote:
Axxe wrote:

Etc.

It irritates me that bike culture has been picked up and is mainstream. At least that's what it is like around here. I will not shave my beard though.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 10:51 Quote
Am I the only one that finds it extremely annoying that all of these craft breweries take their perfectly good beers and make a version with rye? I can't stand the rye beers and find them kind of annoying

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 10:54 Quote
kev211 wrote:
Am I the only one that finds it extremely annoying that all of these craft breweries take their perfectly good beers and make a version with rye? I can't stand the rye beers and find them kind of annoying

I've had a couple pretty good Rye variants.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 11:11 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
kev211 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, Ive had a rye beer or two that I enjoyed, but what is it about rye that has all of these breweries going batty over it?

Mod
Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 11:59 Quote
kev211 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
kev211 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, Ive had a rye beer or two that I enjoyed, but what is it about rye that has all of these breweries going batty over it?
It's the thing now. Like session IPAs. Although I like session IPAs, well some of them. Stones isn't bad, but it shouldn't be 9.99 for a 6pack.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 12:44 Quote
Stones is decent. I think port brewing/lost abbey have the best session. But I feel the same way about sessions as well

Mod
Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 12:51 Quote
kev211 wrote:
Stones is decent. I think port brewing/lost abbey have the best session. But I feel the same way about sessions as well
Haven't had that one. Luckily one bar here understands that it's a lesser product and sells pints for 2 bucks less than the companies ipa or dipa. But I find it hard to buy a 6er... They're just so easy to drink after work.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 13:17 Quote
Yeah Session IPA's are starting to blow up. The Sierra Nevada one isn't too bad for a lower end one. Daytime is solid.

But I agree... I don't like them being priced at the same point as things like Undercover shut down.

I don't like paying $10 for a 6er of 5% IPA when my 6r of 10% IPA was $10. You know?

Seems to me that these session IPA's should be priced somewhere in the sierra nevada range... that $7.99 range.

They're good for having around as a drinking beer. I don't like getting shit faced so putting down 4 shutdowns is a bad idea. But I can put down 4 daytimes and still play with my kid.

So nothing against session IPA... just don't like them priced so high.

But what they are I think is a gateway beer. It's a beer that your Coors or Budweiser drinker can pick up and drink and not act a fool an hour later. Gets them in to "kraft" beers and gets you new customers. It's smart.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 13:18 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
kev211 wrote:
Haven't had that one. Luckily one bar here understands that it's a lesser product and sells pints for 2 bucks less than the companies ipa or dipa. But I find it hard to buy a 6er... They're just so easy to drink after work.

let me know if you want me to look for RIS for you. I can get them pretty easily right now.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 13:18 Quote
Anyone gonna be able to get a hold of waldotjis weekend?

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 13:19 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:
kev211 wrote:

let me know if you want me to look for RIS for you. I can get them pretty easily right now.

The stone ris?

Mod
Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 16:30 Quote
kev211 wrote:
Anyone gonna be able to get a hold of waldotjis weekend?
I do want to find Waldo. Haven't had it.

Also, which RIS? We get stone RIS from time to time.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 18:00 Quote
Thought you were talking about the stone one. I can get them right now.

I can get a few others too.

Ted Fidy. Alesmith I think. Maybe Cigar City. I'd have to look around.

But the Stone Russian Imperial Stout is the only one I hear called RIS. LOL!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011433
Mobile Version of Website