Powered by Outside

2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 15:25 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
andydhteam wrote:
photo
i weigh 78kgs and im using a 450p SAR spring on my glory.. best thing i ever did, that with a custom tune and it rides amazing
awesome looking machine mate and thanks that helps me out alot. Does anyone know the shock stroke on the dhx2 that's comes standard on the 18 advanced 1. Cheers

thanks mate... 450x3.25

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 4:46 Quote
Anyone else about 185 lbs and care to share there spring rate. Am about to order one but still undecided which rate to go for.

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 12:48 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
Anyone else about 185 lbs and care to share there spring rate. Am about to order one but still undecided which rate to go for.
order the 450 super alloy racing spring you wont regret it... wateva you do dont buy of ti-springs you will never receive it

Posted: Sep 4, 2018 at 0:02 Quote
Thanks mate. A friend of mine bought a ti-bolt kit from ti-springs which never arrived. That was enough to put me off

Posted: Sep 4, 2018 at 0:07 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
Thanks mate. A friend of mine bought a ti-bolt kit from ti-springs which never arrived. That was enough to put me off

mate all the reviews on trustpilot that are 5 star are fake by him, i dont know how his still in business... i waited 4 months for a spring and some bolts are being told numerous times he had send it but he could never provide proof, he eventually told me he had no stock... he is a blatant liar!! i got a refund thru paypal, he messages me a month later saying my spring is in stock if i want it haha i told him to shove it.. im much happier with the SAR spring anyway. they were used by the giant factory offroad team and dave garland who was marcelos mechanic (danny harts now)runs the company with his wife

Posted: Sep 4, 2018 at 2:07 Quote
andydhteam wrote:
Reignrob wrote:

mate all the reviews on trustpilot that are 5 star are fake by him, i dont know how his still in business... i waited 4 months for a spring and some bolts are being told numerous times he had send it but he could never provide proof, he eventually told me he had no stock... he is a blatant liar!! i got a refund thru paypal, he messages me a month later saying my spring is in stock if i want it haha i told him to shove it.. im much happier with the SAR spring anyway. they were used by the giant factory offroad team and dave garland who was marcelos mechanic (danny harts now)runs the company with his wife
terrible behaviour for a company that mate. I have met Dave garland before and was a nice guy I never realised he was running SAR. I will be ordering one this week Smile

Posted: Sep 4, 2018 at 14:20 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
andydhteam wrote:
Reignrob wrote:

terrible behaviour for a company that mate. I have met Dave garland before and was a nice guy I never realised he was running SAR. I will be ordering one this week Smile

let me know how you go once its on mate, i have no doubt you will be impressed, SAR are a great company to deal with and make a excellent product.

Posted: Sep 5, 2018 at 15:14 Quote
Hi guy'z! First of all sorry 4 my bad English.
Currently riding on IronHorse Sunday Factory '08 and thinking about switching the frame. Have a good deal on Giant Glory 2 2015 frame, but other components will transfer from my Sunday. Any thoughts or opinions about Glory frame on 26" wheels?

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 0:07 Quote
Kuzlich wrote:
Hi guy'z! First of all sorry 4 my bad English.
Currently riding on IronHorse Sunday Factory '08 and thinking about switching the frame. Have a good deal on Giant Glory 2 2015 frame, but other components will transfer from my Sunday. Any thoughts or opinions about Glory frame on 26" wheels?

The 2015 frame is designed for 27.5'' wheels. If you put 26'' wheels in the bottom bracket will be too low.

Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 6:25 Quote
Aptlynamed wrote:
The 2015 frame is designed for 27.5'' wheels. If you put 26'' wheels in the bottom bracket will be too low.
Difference in high of the wheel between 26" and 27.5" approx 25 mm ~ 1 inch. Axle in the middle of the wheel, so we divide 25/2 = 12.5 mm. On my IH lowest bb position ~ 139 mm, on Glory ~ 157 mm. 157-12.5 = 144.5 mm. That still higher that bb on my Sunday, so I don't worried about bb-high.

Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 22:06 Quote
I'm 5'9" and on a medium 2016. Is the jump to large that drastic? Could be a costly mistake. I have longer arms and torso and like bigger bikes. Would it be too big? Considering a 2019 0

Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 22:07 Quote
Kuzlich wrote:
Aptlynamed wrote:
Difference in high of the wheel between 26" and 27.5" approx 25 mm ~ 1 inch. Axle in the middle of the wheel, so we divide 25/2 = 12.5 mm. On my IH lowest bb position ~ 139 mm, on Glory ~ 157 mm. 157-12.5 = 144.5 mm. That still higher that bb on my Sunday, so I don't worried about bb-high.
that's not exactly how it works and it's not ideal. Give it a shot and see what happens?

Posted: Sep 12, 2018 at 8:18 Quote
makripper wrote:
that's not exactly how it works and it's not ideal. Give it a shot and see what happens?
I have nothing to lose, so we'll see...

Posted: Sep 12, 2018 at 13:21 Quote
anyone know the seat clamp size on the 2016 glory

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 12:40 Quote
Is anyone else getting a 2019 glory with dvo? I'm getting pricing and delivery info tomorrow. Pretty excited!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.051537
Mobile Version of Website