Powered by Outside

Post your Stanton Bikes

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Stanton Bikes
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 21:26 Quote
[Quote="Slackerdude"]
Tikiguy wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:

Thanks, Yes, I wet sanded the logos off as they really clashed with the other bike they were on.
May I ask whhow you did it and what you used to sand the graphics off ? I would like to do that same to a set I have ..

Wet sanded with soapy water, 220 grit to remove the graphics then 400 grit sandpaper to remove the sanding scratches.then a simple paint rubbing compound to bring back the shine to match the rest. Only sand where and what you need to. Take your time. Experoment, practice where the trips go.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 12:46 Quote
built this up for riding jumps / pump tracks and fun stuff only
purposely made it too small for riding up hills so that I don't have to
probably need to get fork travel lowered (maybe to 140)

photo

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 22:24 Quote
One week into my Switchback FS140
Misty Blue with silver heritage wrap, Hope hoops, XT 11sp train, Pike ultimates and Fox DHX2.
After a couple of set up rides, took it to a gravity shuttle day yesterday with 40km+ of descending, and absolutely blown away with how smooth, stable and quiet this is. It's no featherweight, but that was never the plan. So good.

photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 4:45 Quote
Bobbbyyyy wrote:
photo

Here’s my beauty.

Switchback FS 160
Me likey.

Posted: Nov 5, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
Anyone know when the next batch of Stanton Ti bars is due out ? I've emailed Stanton with some questions about graphic options which they have answered me on but with twice asking about new batch of bars they won't give an answer... Just don't want to miss out...

Posted: Nov 12, 2022 at 14:08 Quote
If 780 mm would be wide enough, look at Roost Bike Ti bars in Australia.

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 13:46 Quote
jefb wrote:
If 780 mm would be wide enough, look at Roost Bike Ti bars in Australia.

I can live with 780 for sure, The roost bars look great..have been holding out for the Stanton bars just cause I am a long time customer and I have heard good things about them but If it seems like the Stanton bars are going to be lagging a long time I will definitely consider Roost.

But now I am realizing neither companies offer a 35 mm clamp size bar....eh... probably would have to get a fancy new Ti stem as well if I wanted to go the Ti route.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2022 at 5:07 Quote
timlikesbikes wrote:
Looks like this thread has been asleep for a while but just finished my latest build. Switch9er FS Ti with carbon RT. 1 of 1 full bead blasted Ti front triangle

photo

This Frame/Shock/Headset/BB will be for sale in the next month or so. 16.5" frame, figured I'd give this forum first crack at it before I list it. Will be a couple thousand less than retail (I'm not delusional and know boutiques have no resale value).
Message me for details
cheers

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 5:59 Quote
Looks like Stanton might be in trouble...

https://www.business-live.co.uk/retail-consumer/administrators-called-derbyshire-mountain-bike-25528901

Hopefully it can be rescued.

Posted: Nov 21, 2022 at 2:42 Quote
timlikesbikes wrote:
timlikesbikes wrote:
Looks like this thread has been asleep for a while but just finished my latest build. Switch9er FS Ti with carbon RT. 1 of 1 full bead blasted Ti front triangle

photo

This Frame/Shock/Headset/BB will be for sale in the next month or so. 16.5" frame, figured I'd give this forum first crack at it before I list it. Will be a couple thousand less than retail (I'm not delusional and know boutiques have no resale value).
Message me for details
cheers

Out of interest, how come you are selling so soon in to ownership? I've got one of these on my next bike list (currently have the steel 27.5 version) so interested why you are getting rid so soon (obviously with Stanton in administration it may not be an option anyway).

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2022 at 4:05 Quote
Davec85 wrote:
timlikesbikes wrote:
timlikesbikes wrote:

photo

Message me for details
cheers

Out of interest, how come you are selling so soon in to ownership? I've got one of these on my next bike list (currently have the steel 27.5 version) so interested why you are getting rid so soon (obviously with Stanton in administration it may not be an option anyway).

I rotate/build new bikes frequently for the sake of content and keeping things fresh, no other reason. It was a great bike, no complaints

Posted: Nov 21, 2022 at 4:43 Quote
poppagee wrote:

https://www.business-live.co.uk/retail-consumer/administrators-called-derbyshire-mountain-bike-25528901

Crowd Funded???

Posted: Nov 21, 2022 at 5:34 Quote
timlikesbikes wrote:
Davec85 wrote:
timlikesbikes wrote:

Message me for details
cheers

I rotate/build new bikes frequently for the sake of content and keeping things fresh, no other reason. It was a great bike, no complaints

Ok good to know, thanks.

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 1:48 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
poppagee wrote:

Crowd Funded???

I think they just need to get a new investor to prolong the journey of Stanton.
Since Covid and Brexit a few years ago, shipping costs have gone through the roof and then materials are at a incredible high and top it off with supply chain issues, its just not easy to pay to run a company with good margins.
If an investor suddenly turns around and says i want what i put into the business plus my interest to use it somewhere else, and if you cannot afford to keep the business going once the money is owed, then the problems start.

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 4:11 Quote
Stanton prices went 'through the roof' when they started UK production. a fair bit before brexshit an covid.....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021607
Mobile Version of Website