Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Are there any 40 plus old guys out there that still love dirt jumping & park riding?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Are there any 40 plus old guys out there that still love dirt jumping & park riding?
Posted: May 2, 2012 at 16:14 Quote
Haha you must buy 24 now!!! I debated this with myself for soo long . Do I get a 20" or do I stick with 26" I love riding park and street with my 24 . I even ride a little dirt but decided to build up a 20 for catty since I have a bit more room to flex the tight parts . But love my little 24

Posted: May 27, 2012 at 17:21 Quote
Holy f*ck!!Eek I thought I was old. this guy is shredding at 58!!!https://vimeo.com/28135657

Posted: Jun 13, 2012 at 7:28 Quote
Caezar wrote:
Holy f*ck!!Eek I thought I was old. this guy is shredding at 58!!!https://vimeo.com/28135657

Yeah - saw that. Dude is almost 10 years older then me - it's inspiring!
BTW -Caezar - Got my 24" Contraband - should have all the parts in another 10 - 14 days. It's killing me to look at all the shiny new parts, just sitting there on the workbench; (waiting on a fork from the U.K.) - then the build begins. (oh yeah - you have a SICK bike as well!) Drool

Posted: Jun 19, 2012 at 20:49 Quote
I'm 41 and fairly new to it,picking up my first dedicated DJ bike later today! Santa cruz jackal,I'm as fit as I ever was and have no prob sending it like the kids half my age. Age is just a number people if you can, do!!!

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 1:11 Quote
I'm not quite 40+ at 32. I've just got a DJ/street bike and working on building my confidence and learning to pump and jump! Loving every minute so far, just got to get the time in and pick up the skills.

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 18:28 Quote
First run on new suspension tune...2012Demo 8 2
Not bad for 48!!

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 18:33 Quote
^I'll be stoked if I'm still getting air in my late 40's!^

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 18:38 Quote
I'm still a little kid (30) but my best riding buddies are all in their 40s. It's inspiring to know we can still have fun after 30+ years of riding. How many other sports offer that?

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 18:41 Quote
Psoulocybe wrote:
It's inspiring to know we can still have fun after 30+ years of riding. How many other sports offer that?
At least 1....skiing Wink

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 20:08 Quote
Just wish I'd found this sport sooner....just took my 6 year old to Whistler for the first time ...I want to ride for ever!!!

Posted: Jul 8, 2012 at 2:25 Quote
mover wrote:
Just wish I'd found this sport sooner....just took my 6 year old to Whistler for the first time ...I want to ride for ever!!!
With you on that buddy,late to the sport too but at 41 I expect to be "getting air" for another 20 years plus! All you out there that think turning forty makes you past it are in for a surprise! As long as you keep in shape,ride bikes,then 40 is no different to 20,I'm goin faster further and higher than I ever did back in my 20's riding bmx. It's true what they say you know age IS just a number, keep the mind and body in shape and who knows when the cranks'l stop spinning.

Posted: Jul 8, 2012 at 3:41 Quote
Turned 40 last year, and only got into biking when i was 35, so still fairly 'new' to this. get a Commencal Meta4x as my do everything bike and am building a full on 4x bike so i can have a go next season.

I'm old and a bit overweight, but am having the best time at the moment. Why tend the garden or watch tv at weekends, when i can head out with the girlfriends 14yr old son and ride some trails.

Just learning to jump at 40 years old, why did i do this years ago?!

Posted: Jul 8, 2012 at 3:47 Quote
fruity wrote:
Turned 40 last year, and only got into biking when i was 35, so still fairly 'new' to this. get a Commencal Meta4x as my do everything bike and am building a full on 4x bike so i can have a go next season.

I'm old and a bit overweight, but am having the best time at the moment. Why tend the garden or watch tv at weekends, when i can head out with the girlfriends 14yr old son and ride some trails.

Just learning to jump at 40 years old, why did i do this years ago?!
Keep going longer on your rides and the weight will go,and 40 ain't old!

Posted: Jul 8, 2012 at 8:11 Quote
mover wrote:
First run on new suspension tune...2012Demo 8 2
Not bad for 48!!

Awesome...nice one brother.

Posted: Jul 8, 2012 at 8:40 Quote
Here s another bike I can t ride
photo
photo
First dedicated dj bike I've owned,I'm 41 btw. Haven't got to ride it yet as I'm still mending from big DH off.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.040583
Mobile Version of Website