Former Urban DH Thread...

PB Forum :: Downhill
Former Urban DH Thread...
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 16:26 Quote
Also you guys need to check out the regulations and requirements for this type of stuff in your municipality. For example, here you can't have a structure higher then 4/(5?) feet without a railing. You might need a inspector to come by and confirm that the ramps and berms are structurally sound.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 16:56 Quote
im almost positive well have more than enough volunteers to help on the morning on the first day, but im not so sure about how many we'll get for taking it all down..
thats the question

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 17:03 Quote
repa224 wrote:
im almost positive well have more than enough volunteers to help on the morning on the first day, but im not so sure about how many we'll get for taking it all down..
thats the question

I'm in for a rip down.. heck ill rent a uhaul and take all the wood too.tup
Joking of course.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 17:06 Quote
gibson243 wrote:
repa224 wrote:
thats the question

I'm in for a rip down.. heck ill rent a uhaul and take all the wood too.tup
Joking of course.
ill do it

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 17:10 Quote
Well probably build everything off course like at a local scrap yard and then on the day of the race well transport everything to their designated areas. Well need to build a some huge berm, jumps, tables and near the finish line there will probably be a drop. Its going to be exciting. As for tear down, that will be the easy part

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 17:15 Quote
Boulevard wrote:
Well probably build everything off course like at a local scrap yard and then on the day of the race well transport everything to their designated areas. Well need to build a some huge berm, jumps, tables and near the finish line there will probably be a drop. Its going to be exciting. As for tear down, that will be the easy part

Sledge hammers, axes and a chainsaw or two.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 17:16 Quote
Yea, I have sent an email to Turkstra Lumber in Dundas a few weeks ago with no reply, but that would be perfect since they are almos on site, and we could just store the jumps there for a day or 2 before the race if it was cool with them. No reply to the email but we have alot more planning done now so i guess it is time for a phone call.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 17:17 Quote
gibson243 wrote:
Boulevard wrote:

Naww, if any thing like that we would save the wood and or leave the stuff built and bring it to some local riding spots.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 22:21 Quote
brentjj wrote:
gibson243 wrote:
Boulevard wrote:

Naww, if any thing like that we would save the wood and or leave the stuff built and bring it to some local riding spots.

Or donate it to some indoor riding locations in Ontario , I'm pretty sure with the way things are these days they could use the help....or the wood....seeing as it would most likely be donated in the first place Wink

Paul

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 22:28 Quote
Wow, looks like you guys are going to pull this thing off, congrats to all involved.

I am actually leaving for Chile next Monday with two of my team members to Valaparaiso Chile, where they will be racing in that Urban race on Feb 22nd.

I will report back when I return with any tips about the orgization and running of the event down there, I realize that Chile is a quite a different country so somethings may not apply. One thing I know for sure is that the Chilean Sports Federation is heavily involved in subsidizing and promoting the event over there.
However I don't think that you will get that kind of support from our federal goverment here at the CCA or Sports Canada etc.

Besides support from the biking industry a big player like a Red Bull would go along way, look at the "Crashed Ice" event in Quebec City it's huge now.

Transcend Magazine DH Team

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 4:49 Quote
karlk wrote:
Wow, looks like you guys are going to pull this thing off, congrats to all involved.

I am actually leaving for Chile next Monday with two of my team members to Valaparaiso Chile, where they will be racing in that Urban race on Feb 22nd.

I will report back when I return with any tips about the orgization and running of the event down there, I realize that Chile is a quite a different country so somethings may not apply. One thing I know for sure is that the Chilean Sports Federation is heavily involved in subsidizing and promoting the event over there.
However I don't think that you will get that kind of support from our federal goverment here at the CCA or Sports Canada etc.

Besides support from the biking industry a big player like a Red Bull would go along way, look at the "Crashed Ice" event in Quebec City it's huge now.

Transcend Magazine DH Team
Thats awesome, good luck with the race and thank you.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
brentjj wrote:
Talked to an insurance company and it will cost an estimated $1000 for $2 million insurance coveredge. Alot less than I was expecting.Big Grin

you might want to see what it costs to upgrade to 5 million insurance, unfortunately $2 million isn't much these days and the city might request $5 million

good luck!

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 15:25 Quote
sirbikealot wrote:
brentjj wrote:
Talked to an insurance company and it will cost an estimated $1000 for $2 million insurance coveredge. Alot less than I was expecting.Big Grin

you might want to see what it costs to upgrade to 5 million insurance, unfortunately $2 million isn't much these days and the city might request $5 million

good luck!
Ok, thanks, they will let me know how much they want when they notify me wether or not we have permission to close the roads. Unfortunately the list of money we need keeps getting bigger.Facepalm

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 16:36 Quote
maybe we could ask a bank for sponsorship? the bank of Montreal is getting really into these events, then again they might not do it till the economy gets better

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 3:03 Quote
Wish I could have seen this message earlier (haven't been on pinkbike lately). Good for you guys, hope all works out and I am definetly down to volunteer my time to get this thing up and running. Again good luck!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009800
Mobile Version of Website