Powered by Outside

Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Some 'interesting' spec choices there, never mind the mudguards...

Yeah ext storia being a main sticking point of loveliness

One of my bros rides with his mate who has a geometron and says it’s a beast no doubt bout it and my bro likes larger frame size on his fully at least

Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

The more I look at it the more I notice

Box shifters, Archer D1x wireless shifting, EXT shock

shorty 3c rear tyre... Cable brakes...

Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

Yh why not as sturmey archer make Sunrace components and the Box would no doubt work as dubbed one of the 1st that would do 12spd upto 50T iirc

Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 13:13 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

shorty 3c rear tyre... Cable brakes...

Oh dear oh dear the more I now look after each go at it, I SEE the freakishness coming out staring me down

Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 13:14 Quote
Catalyst pedals.
And something strapped to that downtube.

Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 13:22 Quote
Oooo nahhhhh nasty i just seen those stem spacers and green grips

Bleuuuurgh soz duuuuude but that just tuined a revolutionary geo frame and a half decent shock ha

Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 13:24 Quote
Ouchy - saddle angle and a light on bars this guy clearly blind if he needs that to ride in daylight

Yo Stevie boy someone pinched your glasses

Well I Wonder ... (no pun like)

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
kilo11 wrote:

Sick bike but those fenders are something else

I agree it’s a sick bike, but I like those fenders. They’re actually functional, unlike those little flat plastic ones that go on the fork. Those are ridiculous looking and not functional at all. Mudhuggers, (that’s what he has) make a slightly shorter front fender that I use front and rear and they work great and I think they look good too.
I use them cus they work,the have great coverage, which keeps spray from rear tyre away from my butt, but during the winter they also protect my butt and other bits form studded tyres. I keep them on all year long, In case I git the tyre, it can hurt, but not always very bad, but with studs in the winter it's a must. so when I ran out of zipties and those snap off, it's not a big deal in summer, I can take some pain, but with studs I won't take a chance.
but in my backpack I have zipties in case I need it for the mudguards, or to secure snapped off parts or quick fixes.

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 14:06 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Yh right or rather nahhhh wrong lookin that!

I mean are you really that vein not to get dirty
I understand a medium to small size front guard but jeeeeeze! Lol
the mudguard is also keeping spray from tyre away from the dropper post. it won't only be mud but rocks too.
it's nice to be able to visit someone and sit indoors without mud spot on the shorts.
front guard protect against rocks flying up too, but with Shorty tyres they shoot up front so if a rider is in front he will get rock so if he turns he could damage his or hers eye if hit.
so tyre throwing rocks hard at dropper post won't be good.
I went for function over looks.
I am not afraid to get dirty.
but don't want to damage parts and get dirty and wet unnecessarily, and using rear mudguard, eliminates the need for those shorts with waterproof butt section, so I get good air flow, don't overheat, don't get soaked, and can ride comfortably.

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 14:14 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Ouchy - saddle angle and a light on bars this guy clearly blind if he needs that to ride in daylight

Yo Stevie boy someone pinched your glasses

Well I Wonder ... (no pun like)
Saddle angle will depend on the saddle, some saddles you tilt it more up, some more flat. some more forward or backward. also shape, width too, but this saddle fits me nicely.
this angle on this bike works for me.
but if it's a hardtail, I tilt it up slightly, cus of sag on fork, but with rear suspension it's even in the travel.
but of course it has benefits for steep climbs, butt I won't go too extreme with it, for this saddle I think it's at a good angle now.

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 14:18 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
Catalyst pedals.
And something strapped to that downtube.
Abus Bordo Alam, for extra security.
I got more info in the links, on Kit, i have list of all parts, I just added the lock, tthe lights to the list.

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 15:25 Quote
Stella Ibis bud ! :-)

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 18:27 Quote
That Ibis is pretty sexy.

Mudhuggers... Or any full fender completely kill any bike they're on. I get the functionality, but seriously those things are hideous.

Posted: Dec 25, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
My YT Jeffsy 29 cf pro

photo
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034951
Mobile Version of Website