The 24" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The 24" Thread
Posted: Dec 15, 2022 at 23:21 Quote
D26Rider wrote:
2021 Redline Asset 24

A black Friday purchase. 2021 Redline Asset 24". Complete for under $350. Hoping to put some mileage on er in the spring to get into shape.

Looks like a fun bike

Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 11:57 Quote
Should be. Gonna get a quick wheel tune-up and do a full disassemble/re-grease/re-torque before I get on er.

Posted: Apr 1, 2023 at 19:44 Quote
In case of of the 24” guys are looking for tire options. Haro has the revamped MS-5 tire in different sizes….including 24x2.3 I’ve been running TableTops, K-Rads, Rhythms…etc. most BMX 24 tires are too slick for my taste, I only ride dirt.
These are very comparable to the Tioga FS-100, Demolition Hammerhead-T tires.
2013 NS Bikes Holy 1. Just mounted new HARO MS-5 24x2.3 tires.
New HARO MS-5 24x2.3 tire compared to Hammerhead 2.4 T.

Posted: Apr 1, 2023 at 23:53 Quote
They look good, a bit like the v-monster. Nice bike
I had one years ago and regret selling it. 24" frames are limited, strange as its really good for Old bmxers

Posted: Apr 2, 2023 at 1:21 Quote
Great info, thanks bikebike !

Posted: Apr 2, 2023 at 6:06 Quote
sheephills wrote:
They look good, a bit like the v-monster. Nice bike
I had one years ago and regret selling it. 24" frames are limited, strange as its really good for Old bmxers

Thanks bro. And yes, I agree. It’s a real shame. I still own and ride 20, 24, 26 bikes and really feel for me the 24 is best of all combined.
Rumor has it S&M Bikes will be releasing a true DJ frame soon. It’d be great it were a mix of 24” NS Capital and BlackMarket Contraband…….one can dream anyway.

Posted: Apr 2, 2023 at 10:42 Quote
Hope the rumors are true. A s&m dj would be cool. The Contraband was also a cool frame, they were dirt cheap years ago now they are non existing. Sometimes its stupid selling your old frames etc.

Posted: Apr 2, 2023 at 12:56 Quote
Just a follow up on the new Haro MS-5 tires. Spent the day on them and these are near perfect tires for hardpack dirt trails. Folding version would put the at the top, but they’d not crazy heavy as is. Super fast rolling, great grip. Just slightly taller than the K-Rads I ran previously on this bike, which I kind of like since it’s full rigid. Just means I run a couple more psi, I’m now at 54-55 with these and all good for my fat self (220lbs)
Highly recommended, especially for the price. I’ll follow up long term to let people know how they’re holding up.

Posted: Apr 8, 2023 at 5:37 Quote
For tire and rim options I'd look into trials stuff since they still do 24.

I think light bicycles might make rims that might hold up if you can handle 40 psi Max ish.

Not sure if I'd trust it but someone recently pointed out some of the Manitou youth forks could work for a shorter axle to crown suspension fork since getting 26 forks sub 100mm travel isn't really that easy these days from what I hear.

Probably buying a 26 complete building it up slowly parts kit wise. Then swapping to a custom frame I can go between 24 and 26 wheels and have a stupid short rear end plus a tall bb.

Just gotta decide on some good 24 rims and need a 32 hole for the front. Hazard lites 24 probably work for the rear.

Posted: Apr 8, 2023 at 6:51 Quote
There are still 24" spank rims out there. I wanted BMX rims for my build but 36 hole 135mm rear hub was hard to find.

Posted: Apr 8, 2023 at 8:27 Quote
Doogster wrote:
There are still 24" spank rims out there. I wanted BMX rims for my build but 36 hole 135mm rear hub was hard to find.
The problem with Spank 24” rims is they’re only 28mm wide. The Sun MTX33 are superior. They’ll handle a 2.3 tire easy.
https://www.bmxguru.com/products/24-sun-ringle-mtx-33-rim-36h-black

Posted: Apr 12, 2023 at 1:55 Quote
Doogster wrote:
Halo. Dartmoor. I think maybe dt swiss.

I'm.planning 36 spoke rears and 32 spoke fronts on my next dj build. 24 and 26 wheelsets for the same bike.

Posted: May 15, 2023 at 2:22 Quote
Sorry, I know selling is frowned upon in the forums but, I just don't ride my 24" P'track build enough so...........
Check my profile B/S
Sorry

Posted: May 25, 2023 at 2:03 Quote
Lets GOOOOO...

sheephills wrote:
Hope the rumors are true. A s&m dj would be cool. The Contraband was also a cool frame, they were dirt cheap years ago now they are non existing. Sometimes its stupid selling your old frames etc.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031683
Mobile Version of Website