Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Posted: Aug 4, 2017 at 13:26 Quote
a-rix wrote:
duggyfresh wrote:
Really struggling with waiting till October for the al one coming in stock, should I just order the two? help me out guys!

Buy a cf1 mate thats what i did wasn't prepared to wait and for the little bit extra you get so much more bike

Around here (USA) the CF models are even more sold out than the AL's (I'd choose the black). I was prepared to buy a CF-1 but the predicted ship date is late Sep vs late Aug for the AL-1 I ordered.

I also don't personally know that I'm getting $1000 more bike from the CF1, 1-2lbs lighter and an PiKe/monarch rct-3; but for $1k? Plus there's YT's history with CF cracks that I didn't want to worry about.

Posted: Aug 5, 2017 at 5:12 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
a-rix wrote:
duggyfresh wrote:
Really struggling with waiting till October for the al one coming in stock, should I just order the two? help me out guys!

Buy a cf1 mate thats what i did wasn't prepared to wait and for the little bit extra you get so much more bike

Around here (USA) the CF models are even more sold out than the AL's (I'd choose the black). I was prepared to buy a CF-1 but the predicted ship date is late Sep vs late Aug for the AL-1 I ordered.

I also don't personally know that I'm getting $1000 more bike from the CF1, 1-2lbs lighter and an PiKe/monarch rct-3; but for $1k? Plus there's YT's history with CF cracks that I didn't want to worry about.

Posted: Aug 5, 2017 at 5:14 Quote
duggyfresh wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
a-rix wrote:

Bought a commencal meta am 4.2 in thr end instead

Posted: Aug 5, 2017 at 6:48 Quote
duggyfresh wrote:

How do you like it?

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2017 at 7:51 Quote
duggyfresh wrote:
I ordered the 2. For the riding I do it makes sense. Lots of trail with steep abrupt climbs. Having the clutch on the derailleur alleviates the chain drop problems of old. Little more noise but a lot more peddle.

Posted: Aug 5, 2017 at 8:00 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
duggyfresh wrote:

How do you like it?

Not got it yet, its sitting with the courier as we speak, thought it was coming today. It had 28% off the retail price so seems a bargain. A friend has the 4 and really rates it.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2017 at 8:43 Quote
duggyfresh wrote:
nlibot33 wrote:
duggyfresh wrote:

I just checked stock for Canada and the black white CF1 all sizes in stock and your AL1 is in stock for XL cheers

Hi im in the UK, was just wondering if I should wait out for al1 in october or go for the al2 which is back in stock next week. Cheers

I went for the AL2 over the AL1 as i waned the reverb over the ethirteen dropper and then I just switched it to a 1x setup. I must admit that I would have liked the lockout on the shock though as you do get quite a bit of pedal bob.

Posted: Aug 6, 2017 at 6:14 Quote
Hey guys, just got a Jeffsy 27 CF Pro Race frame with 160mm travel on the back and i was thinking of running my 170mm Lyrik on it. Has anybody tried this and how does it feel?

Posted: Aug 6, 2017 at 10:04 Quote
duggyfresh wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
duggyfresh wrote:

How do you like it?

Not got it yet, its sitting with the courier as we speak, thought it was coming today. It had 28% off the retail price so seems a bargain. A friend has the 4 and really rates it.

I had the Fox edition V4.2 and I loved it but the bike was to big for my trails and racing out here in Socal, the jeffsy 275 with my build 160 up front and 150 rear is similar to the V4 i also had, I live right by Commencal USA they are great bikes, but I also live in the land of GWINNING lol and Aaron himself sold me on the Jeffsy which he uses for his training bike and Tues obviously for his DH rig. I was gonna go for the Capra but again to big The Jeffsy is fast bro should've waited in my opinion 150 travel is plenty and the jeffsy is seriously an aggressive trail bike that can handle what an "Enduro" bike can handle. Cheers brother

Posted: Aug 6, 2017 at 10:20 Quote
Bought a 27 AL 1. I'm 5ft 5 inches and the small fits like a glove.

Lots of talk about excessive pedal bob here- I actually disagree. With a 30t chainring (I changed mine from a 32 to a 30)- pedal bob is minimal. If I look down I can see it bob slightly in some conditions, but I can't feel it. Please note I have been running around 35% sag. This just seems to work well for me. Less sag would likely make for even less bob.

I demo'ed a bunch of bikes. Here they are listed from least to most pedal bob IMO:
1. (least bob) Santa Cruz 5010
2. Trek Fuel (with special rear shock)
3. Jeffsy 27
4. Specialized stumpy fattie
5. Whyte T-130 S
6. (most bob)My old specialized enduro (2003 Frame)

I've been very happy with the bike. Its super quiet (no cable rattle people sometimes complain of). Suspension is active in all conditions- unlike how the 5010 felt to me. Doesn't seem to wander or lift front wheel on climbs. Stock tires are HEAVY and SLOW but they grip like mad. Tubeless setup was easy with gorilla tape. Brakes are fantastic and probably the single biggest upgrade for me.

Posted: Aug 6, 2017 at 16:57 Quote
Fabris wrote:

Lots of talk about excessive pedal bob here- I actually disagree. With a 30t chainring (I changed mine from a 32 to a 30)- pedal bob is minimal. If I look down I can see it bob slightly in some conditions, but I can't feel it. Please note I have been running around 35% sag. This just seems to work well for me. Less sag would likely make for even less bob.

I demo'ed a bunch of bikes. Here they are listed from least to most pedal bob IMO:
3. Jeffsy 27
5. Whyte T-130 S

I've been very happy with the bike. Its super quiet (no cable rattle people sometimes complain of). Suspension is active in all conditions- unlike how the 5010 felt to me. Doesn't seem to wander or lift front wheel on climbs. Stock tires are HEAVY and SLOW but they grip like mad. Tubeless setup was easy with gorilla tape. Brakes are fantastic and probably the single biggest upgrade for me.

Great post, thanks man.

I have a medium AL1 in order, slated for delivery later this month. I'm 5'6 and I agonized over small vs medium; if yours fits so well, maybe I should switch the order for a small?

Posted: Aug 6, 2017 at 17:03 Quote
I'm sure you can ride the medium fine too, but if i were 5'6" i'd have ordered the small.

Posted: Aug 7, 2017 at 3:45 Quote
Fabris wrote:

3. Jeffsy 27
5. Whyte T-130 S

I'm also about 5'5" (166 cm) high, and think the small will be the best fit. However the AL one is sold out in S, and they say it wont come in stock until the 2018 models arrive. Frown

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 1:45 Quote
Fabris wrote:

3. Jeffsy 27
5. Whyte T-130 S

Out of curiosity is this comparison with the shock fully open?

Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 16:16 Quote
elementour wrote:
Fabris wrote:

3. Jeffsy 27
5. Whyte T-130 S

Out of curiosity is this comparison with the shock fully open?

Fully open on all of them except the Trek Fuel. I ran its fox re:act shock with the special platform on low. It was very efficient even off though. Also- I doubt you care but the old enduro had horrendous bob with propedal off. With it on a medium/high setting it would pedal OK but this greatly hindered small bump compliance. I had the option to turn on the pedal platform for the stumpy- but ran it open. The Whyte and jeffsy both have rockshox rear shocks that don't really have a pedal platform- both are more of a 'light lockout'. In my experience rockshox 'pedal mode' is equivalent to a Fox shock with propedal at medium or high.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011057
Mobile Version of Website