Powered by Outside

wat is the best drink to get you pumped before riding

PB Forum :: Downhill
wat is the best drink to get you pumped before riding
Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 11:48 Quote
statler wrote:
I'd go with gatorade. Electrolytes give you so much energy.
It's just salt.

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
50/50 Combination of Water and Gatorade.
Drink it every couple of runs, or everytime your going up the chair, keeps you hydrated and energized throughout the day.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
i used to drink 2:1 Gatorade/Red Bull

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 21:19 Quote
igz- wrote:
statler wrote:
It's just salt.

Did I say it was complicated? All I know is that I improved my mile time by 7 seconds merely by drinking a sports drink over water, thats damn good.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 21:32 Quote
Maybe it was psychological.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 21:37 Quote
igz- wrote:
Maybe it was psychological.

Psychological or not though, it was an improvement.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 21:37 Quote
Heh. It would be too much work to argue about it now.

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 8:42 Quote
igz- wrote:
Heh. It would be too much work to argue about it now.

You cant argue about how it improved his time Confused

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 10:31 Quote
Electrolytes are not energy. Carbohydrates, protein and fats are energy that your body can metabolize and use to turn your cranks.
Caffeine and taurine basically trick your body into making more energy available for you to use (but more complicated then that)....and what comes up must come down at some point.
Electrolytes are just salts, with sodium and potassium being the important ones. When you sweat, they leave your body with your sweat, and so their levels drop. Your body runs more inefficiently when you loose too many electrolytes, and so by drinking gatorade you keep your body working efficiently. But they do not impact the actual energy source for your body, which is replenished by the sugar part of the gatorade. Gatorade powder is made of dextrose, which first has to be converted into glucose in your body so you get a longer, more level supply of energy, whereas pop, store bought crap, energy drink are usually straight glucose or glucose-fructose which means that it can be used by your body as soon as you drink it, resulting in a short, spiking supply of energy.
There is a reason football, b-ball and hockey players etc do not drink redbull/monster/rockstar or any other crap like that during a game, and drink gatorade instead.

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 10:40 Quote
kylemciver wrote:
Electrolytes are not energy. Carbohydrates, protein and fats are energy that your body can metabolize and use to turn your cranks.
Caffeine and taurine basically trick your body into making more energy available for you to use (but more complicated then that)....and what comes up must come down at some point.
Electrolytes are just salts, with sodium and potassium being the important ones. When you sweat, they leave your body with your sweat, and so their levels drop. Your body runs more inefficiently when you loose too many electrolytes, and so by drinking gatorade you keep your body working efficiently. But they do not impact the actual energy source for your body, which is replenished by the sugar part of the gatorade. Gatorade powder is made of dextrose, which first has to be converted into glucose in your body so you get a longer, more level supply of energy, whereas pop, store bought crap, energy drink are usually straight glucose or glucose-fructose which means that it can be used by your body as soon as you drink it, resulting in a short, spiking supply of energy.
There is a reason football, b-ball and hockey players etc do not drink redbull/monster/rockstar or any other crap like that during a game, and drink gatorade instead.
Who cares? Water works best!

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 10:52 Quote
statler wrote:
igz- wrote:
statler wrote:
It's just salt.

Did I say it was complicated? All I know is that I improved my mile time by 7 seconds merely by drinking a sports drink over water, thats damn good.
i think scientist/ physical trainers have proved that Gatorade/any sports drink is good to put back the stuff u burned and used during your exercise but you should mix it with water because they dehydrate you, you increased your mile because your getting in better shape not because you switched drinks

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 11:03 Quote
I normally have Monster! before and if u are totally wipped have a GateradeBeer

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
Ive got to say the Cheetah energy drink hands down, and this is why

-Super huge portion of can of 710ml
-Taste pretty much the same as all other drinks
-Its only 50cents a can at my local grocery store, cant beat that

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 14:08 Quote
im trying to cut back on energy drinks so i drink arizona and there really good price there only like 1.12 so i like em

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009963
Mobile Version of Website