Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Monster Energy, good taste or good logo

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Monster Energy, good taste or good logo
Posted: Mar 11, 2012 at 15:58 Quote
is it just me, or does it taste like that no more tears shit you used to use when you were a kid? im not a fan, relentless all the way, so much better, and cheaper where i am

Posted: Mar 12, 2012 at 15:23 Quote
monster was 67p in my local tesco last week, i was like whaaaaaaaa

Posted: Mar 12, 2012 at 18:33 Quote
All of it's garbage and I feel really bad for those of you have pick it in hopes it makes you look cool.

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 3:49 Quote
I honestly think it tastes disgusting, & the amount of cocky kids that wear the logo & think their amazing has put a bad image in my head Frown That might well be the only reason though, I don't like the taste of Red Bull that much but they always seem like a good brand with all the events and amazing riders they sponsor Confused

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 4:10 Quote
mkivredline wrote:
bm-esh wrote:
I used to love it and would really be able to feel the buzz! got hooked on the stuff, now ive been on 2-4 cans a day! thats no lie or exageration either! taste is lovely and the logo makes me want to buy it, but the caffiene has f*cked me and my teeth/stomach over. If there was a monster without caffiene, imo that would be perfect.

Lol dude, you need to start cutting back, you're on a dependency now. Withdrawals are going to suck, but being addicted to energy drinks is terrible

best bet is cold turkey. i got addicted to caffeine a while back, absolutely awful.if i didnt drink any for a few hours, i used to get cold sweats, headrushes, numb or tingling hands, it was a nightmare tbh, i was still in school at the time. one day, my local shop that sold them (this was before absolutely everywhere stocked them) ran out, so i was like :O for a while, then thought 'screw it, ill stop drinking it for a bit'. the week that followed was hell, all the symptoms mentioned plus others, but when it was over it was so much better, my heart wasnt going a million miles an hour constantly haha. ive started drinking it again a bit now, rockstars too (hate redbull + relentless) and im ok as long as i only have 1 or 2 a week haha. the new blue rockstars are awesome, blueberry flavour Big Grin

Posted: Apr 10, 2012 at 20:14 Quote
lightningskull wrote:
All of it's garbage and I feel really bad for those of you have pick it in hopes it makes you look cool.

+1000

I drink one before finals to ensure I'm actually awake, that's it. My exams are always at 8 in the morning....

They taste like shit, are bad for you, and rot your gut.

Once and a while, okay. Everyday.... Have fun in your coffin at the age of 30

Posted: Apr 10, 2012 at 23:51 Quote
lightningskull wrote:

oh yes, cos we can only like a drink for the image and logo. just cos you dont like it, loads of people do. i mean, there will be some little kids who wanna drink it to be cool, yeah, but i dunno bout over there, but in britain you can only buy caffeine drinks if your 16+, so this helps a little. theyre not actually that bad for you, unless you go OTT and drink multiple in a day, everyday. its like anything, moderation is the key.

Posted: Apr 11, 2012 at 2:29 Quote
I prefer Redbull, but as Monster is cheaper and comes in a bigger can, it's a winner!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.180417
Mobile Version of Website