Black Market RIOT sharpie graphics
Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 5:57 Quote
yeah its ok Razz i was just thinking incase any one knew a relitive

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 6:09 Quote
erik74 wrote:
mattison82 wrote:
to far ??

--------------------------------------

theres the line and you crossed it maybe ?
well if thats the line, i was the closest to it, but didnt cross it. and if you think its any worse than the titanic one, it isnt...

Oh so know i get all the blame do i. lol Cry

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 6:16 Quote
suburbanrider wrote:
erik74 wrote:
mattison82 wrote:
to far ??

--------------------------------------

theres the line and you crossed it maybe ?
well if thats the line, i was the closest to it, but didnt cross it. and if you think its any worse than the titanic one, it isnt...

no, i just mean neither were appropriate. im editing mine...

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 6:19 Quote
erik74 wrote:
suburbanrider wrote:
erik74 wrote:

no, i just mean neither were appropriate. im editing mine...

lol i was only joking.
Iv edited mine to.

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 6:36 Quote
i no you were joking some people may of found it funny but some people might of had family that died in the events ?

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 6:42 Quote
mattison82 wrote:
i no you were joking some people may of found it funny but some people might of had family that died in the events ?

True, it was a good call by you anyway.

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 6:45 Quote
suburbanrider wrote:
mattison82 wrote:

True, it was a good call by you anyway.
yep, good call.

reminds me of when the titanic movie came out, my band teacher said all the other bands around were playing music from the movie, but he refused to, cuz even though it was great music, he didnt think it was right, cuz of the people who died...

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 9:01 Quote
ok one point rads drawings skills are unquestionably good but people have been writng stuff on fames in permanent markers for years so will all you stupid little pedantic shits stop flaming anyone who says i drew on a frame acouple of years ago because im fed up of just reading 'yeah well i sharpied the inside of my arsehole but i shat it out so i dont have proof'etc. in response too ' i wrote my name on my frame in cool letter witha sharpie once' its not funny anymore and its just irritating...
rant over.
peace out!
ben

and ps does anyone know where i can get one of the fine industrial sharpies in the uk becase this:
photo

is rubbing off Frown (thats an old picture did look better till it started coming off)

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 9:05 Quote
almightybenners wrote:
and ps does anyone know where i can get one of the fine industrial sharpies in the uk becase this:
photo
is rubbing off Frown (thats an old picture did look better till it started coming off)
on the sharpie site, someone said you can order from them...

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 11:17 Quote
This is becoming a flame war between a bunch of babies

-Unsubscribe-

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 15:31 Quote
woowoo wrote:
This is becoming a flame war between a bunch of babies

-Unsubscribe-

x2

has anyone else noticed that radrider hasn't even posted anything in.....a long freakin time Thumbs Down

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 8:00 Quote
First off, the sharpie work you did on your bike is outstanding. Protect it soon.

I was considering painting a bike white and then detailing it with a sharpie. I looked into water borne clear coats and there is not a lot out there. I think the best bet is Sherwin Williams Sher-Clear 1K acrylic clear coat. You can find the data sheet here:

http://www.sherlink.com/sher-link/ImgServ?id=640360111.pdf&basePath=/user_projects/productionDomain/applications/sherwinApp/sher-link/temp/dp/

You likely won’t get this from your local Sherwin Williams shop. They may direct you to the Sherwin Williams industrial division. They have an outlet here in Calgary and likely in Toronto and maybe one even closer to you. It is an industrial product designed for outdoor use over paint finishes. There are two disadvantages. It may slightly change the color of white or light pastel paints, so you might have a slightly yellow or cream tint to your white bike. Test it on a sample first. Not a problem for you if you are going to do lots of bikes, but the smallest size you can get is 1 gal at about $55.

Another option might be the Varathane Diamond Exterior wood finish. It is a water based clear coat available in a 236ml can from Canadian Tire for $9.99 or 946ml for $21.79. I am still trying to find out more about this. It may not really be a clear coat designed to bond to paint. It may be more of a penetrating wood finish and not bond to paint. I will let you know when I here back from Rustoleum/varathane tech services.

Posted: Nov 18, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
So is this thread dead now or what?

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 2:00 Quote
its dead...long deadPirate

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
Mtbdean wrote:
its dead...long deadPirate
but the bike is still alive! (well...we hope)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035162
Mobile Version of Website