Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2024 at 14:51 Quote
NinjaTheDude wrote:
sweet glad to see folks still rocking with it. Currently only plans i have is to maybe upgrade the fork to the durolux from sr suntour and finish adding the 203 TRP brakes

That’s awesome! So far I like my Aion 35, I did upgrade the damper to an PCS and bumped the travel to 160. The bike seems to be perfect right now. I like TRP brakes! Which ones are you thinking of getting?
I put the Deore M6120’s on my with 203/180mm SLX rotors.

Posted: May 2, 2024 at 12:09 Quote
NinjaTheDude wrote:
lol havent seen any updates on this page in a while. anybody still rockin the 27.5 Trance? just me?

Yep. Still riding it!

Posted: May 7, 2024 at 5:32 Quote
R-P-S wrote:
NinjaTheDude wrote:
lol havent seen any updates on this page in a while. anybody still rockin the 27.5 Trance? just me?

Yep. Still riding it!

Same here. I'm just waiting for the bike parks to open. I've been on XC trails 2x so far. I might lower my bars one spacer as I feel the front wheel coming up a little too much and I have a 50mm stem on it.

O+
Posted: May 7, 2024 at 11:20 Quote
Willowbeast wrote:
R-P-S wrote:
NinjaTheDude wrote:

Yep. Still riding it!

Same here. I'm just waiting for the bike parks to open. I've been on XC trails 2x so far. I might lower my bars one spacer as I feel the front wheel coming up a little too much and I have a 50mm stem on it.

When I’m climbing I found it helps when you slide up on the saddle. Puts enough weight forward that the front end stays down.

Posted: May 8, 2024 at 5:46 Quote
mtbivans wrote:
Willowbeast wrote:
R-P-S wrote:

Yep. Still riding it!

When I’m climbing I found it helps when you slide up on the saddle. Puts enough weight forward that the front end stays down.

I can give it a try too. I also thought of actually sliding the saddle forward a bit too. Thankfully, we have chairlifts where we go except for the XC trails.

O+
Posted: May 8, 2024 at 18:11 Quote
R-P-S wrote:
NinjaTheDude wrote:

Yep. Still riding it!

I have the Slate T4 on the rear. kinda wating for life to return to normal before i pick up the front brake that is sitting at the shop waiting on me

O+
Posted: May 8, 2024 at 21:11 Quote
Willowbeast wrote:
mtbivans wrote:
Willowbeast wrote:

I can give it a try too. I also thought of actually sliding the saddle forward a bit too. Thankfully, we have chairlifts where we go except for the XC trails.

That will also help a lot!

Posted: May 20, 2024 at 4:42 Quote
Got out yesterday to the bike park. Seat moved up and boy what a difference. I no longer thought of getting a new bike and was very pleased. As for the angle set. Wow. Made the bike so much more stable on the descents and tight turns. Great upgrade. I was trying to get used to the custom tuned dpx2. Left it on trail mode the whole time. I should have tried it in the fully open mode. I will next bike park day. According to strava, top speed was 56.6kmh. mind you it's the end of a run straight down to the lift. I also think that I'll let out a bit of air in my tires and check my sag in my fox 36. Didn't come close to using all the travel. Perhaps remove a token before removing some air.

O+
Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Willowbeast wrote:
Got out yesterday to the bike park. Seat moved up and boy what a difference. I no longer thought of getting a new bike and was very pleased. As for the angle set. Wow. Made the bike so much more stable on the descents and tight turns. Great upgrade. I was trying to get used to the custom tuned dpx2. Left it on trail mode the whole time. I should have tried it in the fully open mode. I will next bike park day. According to strava, top speed was 56.6kmh. mind you it's the end of a run straight down to the lift. I also think that I'll let out a bit of air in my tires and check my sag in my fox 36. Didn't come close to using all the travel. Perhaps remove a token before removing some air.

That’s awesome! I’m happy the angled headset and new saddle position worked well for you. I found the same thing when I put mine in. It really helped the bike track better and stable. I don’t see the need for a new bike either!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010154
Mobile Version of Website