Powered by Outside

Home of ATV's and side by sides.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Home of ATV's and side by sides.
Posted: May 22, 2015 at 18:20 Quote
maddogduke907 wrote:
my new toy

jus noticed this

sick rzr dude. I really would like to try that thing.

I rented one of the older red 800 rzrs it suprised me how much fun they are. my old man has a yamaha rhino, its sooo slow and lame lol. but It goes through mud and has even pulled a truck out of the mud

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 20:17 Quote
Well banshees have double the cylinders and half the strokes of a warrior which obviously means MORE FUN. Smile haha, always wanted to try a banshee but I feel like I won't be able to keep it on all fours if I tried. I love my warrior, great starter bike for sure.

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 6:06 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
I need to take the carbs apart and clean them/figure out why they were leaking fuel when the atv sat. but I dont know where to start I dont know much about carbs.
Check that the float isn't sticking, that would cause it to leak. Otherwise, make sure jets are clear and ensure there is no blockage in your fuel lines, etc.

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 18:15 Quote
recklessness wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
I need to take the carbs apart and clean them/figure out why they were leaking fuel when the atv sat. but I dont know where to start I dont know much about carbs.
Check that the float isn't sticking, that would cause it to leak. Otherwise, make sure jets are clear and ensure there is no blockage in your fuel lines, etc.

thanks reck. I will do just that.

al95, banshees are easy to ride, they just spin the tires. you really gotta try to wheelie them. like dump the clutch while doing a seat bounce. but Im only 150lbs lol

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 20:20 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
recklessness wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

al95, banshees are easy to ride, they just spin the tires. you really gotta try to wheelie them. like dump the clutch while doing a seat bounce. but Im only 150lbs lol
Bring it up to Goat Path when it's running. I would love to meet it.

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 5:50 Quote
They seem more intimidating I don't know why , haha might be the two stroke scream over a four stroke growl hahaa

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 9:42 Quote
recklessness wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
recklessness wrote:

Bring it up to Goat Path when it's running. I would love to meet it.

alright Big Grin

you will have to try it

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 9:37 Quote
Okay so I have an issue and maybe you guys could figure this one out? Possibly. Haha. So, yesterday I was riding my atv everything was peachy keen nothing unusual and it was all good. Then, later, I went out with friends, and my dad asks me to ride it so I say yes sure that's fine, and he isn't quite used to it so he said he stalled it a couple times consecutively and it almost wouldn't start afterwards he said. Then he brought it home and turned it off and now it won't start. It has an electric start on the handle bars, and when I push the button it just clicks and no cranking over or nothing. I don't know what could have caused it maybe the stalling messed with the starter relay or solenoid or something? Not yet got a huge knowledge of small engines. Any help would be appreciated! Oh and it isn't the battery cause we tried boosting it and it still won't do anything.

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 17:05 Quote
its the starter bro!

try getting a bump start, or a tow and starting it that way.

you might even just get used to parking on hills till you get it fixed haha

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 18:43 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
its the starter bro!

try getting a bump start, or a tow and starting it that way.

you might even just get used to parking on hills till you get it fixed haha

So new starter? I was hitting what I think was the crank casing just tapping it lightly. (Dad thought it was the starter but it wasn't) Ill try and buy a new starter and battery since my terminals got messed up in the process of trying to take it out (the lead was too corroded I suppose). I don't know, I may try and buy a new starter and then see if hooking it up to the lawn tractor battery with booster cables starts it. Also, in the process I checked my oil and it seems I have almost none... Dipstick was fully clean after wiping down, inserting it back in, and even after screwing it in all the way it remained fully clean not a drop of oil.

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 19:36 Quote
before you buy a starter bump start it, check the easy stuff. always start easy lol, so I would make triple sure the battery is good and will pass a load test when charged on a battery charger. then make sure the wiring is all good.

if all the above is good, its got to be the starter motor. if your poor like me, you could try to take the starter apart it could be full of mud dirt and grime and be getting a bad connection inside from that alone. you might also be able to replace the brushes if they are worn out.

edit: lol and you should drain what oil is in there if any and add more always check your oil before you ride you would be kicking yourself if it seized

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 11:15 Quote
Well my terminals are quite messed up on the battery like so corroded the one fell apart, I am going to take apart the starter and try to clean IG and maybe even get a brushkit for it instead of a new starter, and yes im draining the oil and adding new oil before trying to start it again:p how do you bump start though ?

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 13:22 Quote
al9595 wrote:
Well my terminals are quite messed up on the battery like so corroded the one fell apart, I am going to take apart the starter and try to clean IG and maybe even get a brushkit for it instead of a new starter, and yes im draining the oil and adding new oil before trying to start it again:p how do you bump start though ?

you need someone to push you, a tow vehicle or hill. put your quad in 3rd gear( I like to use 3rd) then hold the clutch and roll down the hill. once your going pretty good speed let the clutch out as you plop down on your seat.

the rear wheels will skid when you let the clutch out but when you plop down on the seat they will hookup, and turn the engine over. if it has fuel spark and compression it should fire right up.

could also probably google it for a more in depth explanation

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 18:45 Quote
I tried it a bit on a really small hill in my back yard and it almost worked, I think my battery is shot as well, but upon taking apart my starter I found it was full of oil. So I cleaned it all up and when I did bump start it (well attempt to) it did fire 3 or four times so I may be almost there

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 20:13 Quote
it could also be your hill! Its hard to explain but if the hills small you might not get going quite fast enough, try 2nd gear as well

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014057
Mobile Version of Website