Powered by Outside

DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 21:22 Quote
Loving the stumpy. Makes me want to get another one now that I could purchase a rear shock that I like.

I've had my DVO stuff for a little while now and love it, but I think it's time I give the fork a little love. Suggestions on oil I should use? I called and Ronnie told whoever I was on the phone with that I could use Motul, but idk who I'm even supposed to get that from. I'd rather purchase a brand that I can actually buy from one of my distributors.

Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 22:44 Quote
Go to a local moto shop and pick up whatever 7.5 weight oil they recommend. You'll get a quart (lifetime supply) of it for like $12. It'll be fine.

Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 22:57 Quote
Mine post shredding with my buddy:

photo

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 2:27 Quote
What are people's thoughts on the new onyx fork, would you change to them from emeralds?

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 4:48 Quote
The fork is not out yet we are looking at a release around the end of September, with that being said it is a bad ass fork its a bigger diamond and we also have a ONYX SC coming out with 180mm of travel and 20mm through axle, now for your question they are two different forks some like inverted and some like conventional the killer news is that you can take the Onyx damper and put it into the Emerald if you want to make the Emerald a little lighter.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 5:27 Quote
I like the sound of that I'm currently on emeralds and I love them, but a tad heavier so anything that can reduce that weight would be great

Where and when would I be able to look out for the damper?

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 7:55 Quote
Onyx SC?!?!

Looks like I'll need that Darkside after all!

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 8:24 Quote
Yeah that sounds so cool

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 9:03 Quote
make an emerald sc!!

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 16:34 Quote
finalgear wrote:
photo

That needs to go on this...
Polygon Square One Photo by Laurence Crossman-Emms

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 11:09 Quote
ONYX SC?! Dammit to hell I JUST bought a Diamond and I love it.

What's the weight and axle dimensions on the Onyx SC? My front wheels will convert to 20x110...

Pic of my new sexy fork:
photo

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 13:52 Quote
Yeah that bike deserves a beeeeefy fork!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017239
Mobile Version of Website